Girls who are due next yr are having babies now?!

Why are so many women having complications that are due in March?! Everytime I read a post it's a girl who's 28 weeks or less having 'contractions' or feeling like the baby 'dropped', WHAT'S GOING ON?!

Cowbell88

Asked by Cowbell88 at 10:09 AM on Dec. 9, 2008 in Pregnancy

• A LOT of people in my Dec. 2008 group had issues right around 25-30 weeks. But I think only one or two of them actually delivered their babies that early.

Now that we're in December I'm incredibly depressed about that group. So many have had their babies already and I'm sitting here in pain without any end in sight >:( Enjoy the good times in your pregnancy, you'll miss them when they're gone O.o
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 12:03 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• Braxton Hicks generally starts around 24 weeks, and can cause concern, as you well know, LOL. Babies don't generally drop that early, but if you are short, even the slightest shift can feel like a drastic change.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 10:17 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• My water broke at 28 weeks and my daughter was born at 33 weeks. It's sad, but it happens.
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 10:23 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• I am due at the end of feb. I am 30 weeks and I am having complications. But, they are complications that I expected but, didn't expect so early. My sugar is high and so is my BP. As long as I don't stay too active then we will be alright. My daughters were born at 37 weeks 11 months apart because of high BP and they were 6.8 and 7.3. This one's weight is estimated at 3 pounds so, she is growing fine and our goal is 35-37 weeks.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 10:47 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• Wow I didn't realize. My best friend is due March 1st and hasn't had any complications so I guess she's not part of the majority.
    momof2inCT2007

Answer by momof2inCT2007 at 1:30 PM on Dec. 9, 2008