My husband has been arguing with me about this

I need to know if the single serve non dairy creamers need to be refrigerated or not

My husband says these need to be refrigerated(even though they say no refrigeration needed) but in the restaurants and stores they aren't. So what do you think should they be refrigerated or not??

Thanks

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 4:00 PM on May. 30, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Non dairy creamers have no dairy in them, just oils and flavorings, so they don't need to be refrigerated, but they probably would get rancid over a period of time just as oil in a bottle would.

Answer by Bmat at 4:02 PM on May. 30, 2011

• The little packets of half and half would, but those contain dairy. You're right, he's wrong. He's probably thinking they need to be refrigerated because its not uncommon to get them cold when you're in a restaurant, but then they also tend to just group the non-dairy creamer with the half and half and it's easiest to just keep the little bowls filled and in the fridge.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 4:11 PM on May. 30, 2011

• No they do not need to be. your right.
    erica0508

Answer by erica0508 at 4:17 PM on May. 30, 2011

• nope, you are right!

good

BlessednHappy

Answer by BlessednHappy at 4:24 PM on May. 30, 2011

• You're right, but refrigerating them won't hurt, so in order to choose my battles, I'd just refrigerate them so he hushes up about it.
    hill_star03

Answer by hill_star03 at 5:18 PM on May. 30, 2011

• if it says it doesn't then it doesn't... plus if they are refrigerated they make the coffee get cold faster and I hate that :P
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 11:00 PM on May. 30, 2011

• that's what I said but he is arguing with me that they need to be refrigerated!!
    Christmaslver68

Comment by Christmaslver68 (original poster) at 4:03 PM on May. 30, 2011

• If you bought it off the store shelf next to the coffee then no but if you bought it cold from the store in the dairy section then yes..so point that out to him
    Anonymous

• popcorn

sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 11:30 PM on May. 30, 2011

• what's with the popcorn sherribeare???!!!
    Christmaslver68

Comment by Christmaslver68 (original poster) at 5:53 AM on May. 31, 2011