Question about labor//hips

So I'm 35 weeks pregnant. I've been hearing that if you have hip pain during pregnancy it's good because it means your hips are seperating for labor. Well, I haven't had really any hip pain... does that mean I won't have successful vaginal delivery?

Also, I've heard I should be having pelvic pain. I don't have pelvic pain either...

jessiskinner200

Asked by jessiskinner200 at 4:21 PM on May. 30, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I never had any of these pains. My labor went fine. I think some of us are better equipped in the hip department starting out than others!!Don't worry so much, try to enjoy your pregnancy, it won't last forever!
    dwmom2008

Answer by dwmom2008 at 4:25 PM on May. 30, 2011

• You will be fine...I never had any hip pain and I had a successful vaginal delivery.

happymama02

Answer by happymama02 at 4:29 PM on May. 30, 2011

• I dont think any of that matters to be honest ! I never had any pain in my hips before hand and still had 3 successful
    PrissyT

Answer by PrissyT at 4:33 PM on May. 30, 2011

• I never had any hip pain with my second daughter, but I did have horrible back labor. I'm not sure if the two are related.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 4:37 PM on May. 30, 2011

• I don't think you need to worry. I had three fast deliveries , no hip pains. I think hip pain is more common in women who have gained a whole lot of weight during pregnancy--the extra weight is hard on ALL of your joints--your hips, knees and ankles.. Your inner measurements, how relaxed you are and the dilation of the cervix will determine how your labor goes. You will be fine.Relax! Good luck.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 5:17 PM on May. 30, 2011