Cleaning Outdoor Furniture *Update to question

We have a love seat and two chairs that we got from Home Depot a couple years ago. Our dog likes to lay on it when she is outside. She has got it pretty muddy and I have tried cleaning it but it has not cleaned up very nicely. I tried scrubbing it with Dawn today and it did get cleaner but not really good. Any ideas on ways to clean it and get the dang mud off?

It is metal furniture but it does have cloth cusions on it.  It is the cushions I am tryin to clean.  Thanks so much for the answers so far.

Peajewel

Asked by Peajewel at 4:33 PM on May. 30, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Are you trying to clean the cushions or the frame?

To get the mud off of the cushions, I would use the same stuff you use on the furniture in your house, like resolve or something.

If the frame is not painted, I use super green or greased lightning.
    dwmom2008

Answer by dwmom2008 at 4:44 PM on May. 30, 2011

• whats it made of? If its cloth like one you would have inside I would get some upholstery cleaner to pretreat and then rent a steam cleaner and go that route.

Answer by gemgem at 4:44 PM on May. 30, 2011

• Most seat cushions come off to go in the wash. Have you looked to see if you can find a zipper? It might not be obvious, a lot of times they are hidden in seams.
    If not, try awesome from the dollar store it is awesome on stains. Then let it sun dry(sun is a natural bleaching)
    elijahsmama09

Answer by elijahsmama09 at 7:50 PM on May. 30, 2011

• can u put them in the washer and hang dry? if not try vinegar or baking powder
    ilovemyboys84

Answer by ilovemyboys84 at 9:39 PM on May. 30, 2011

• can you un zip it?
    critter_boo

Answer by critter_boo at 9:18 AM on May. 31, 2011

• Fantastik has a product for cleaning outside stuff like umbrellas and furniture cushions.
    ceciliam

Answer by ceciliam at 11:53 AM on May. 31, 2011

• Spray with a good cleaner and get a scrub brush and a water hose and scrub really good.
    aj23

Answer by aj23 at 4:56 PM on May. 31, 2011