Im about to get on a plane....?

Im in an airport and im worried about my babies inside....is it bad for their health to go on an airplane when im 30 weeks along? thanks!

emmiej

Asked by emmiej at 4:45 PM on May. 30, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I flew with dd at 36 weeks, the dr suggested not to fly after 35 becuase of labor but still wrote me the note to go! I don't think it's bad for their health, I think it's because of labor and the fact you could go into labor but you're 30 weeks so there's still time to fly.
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 4:49 PM on May. 30, 2011

• Is air travel during pregnancy safe, especially near the beginning or end of pregnancy?
    Answer
    from Roger W. Harms, M.D.
    Generally, commercial air travel during pregnancy is considered safe for women who have healthy pregnancies. Still, if you're pregnant, it's best to check with your health care provider before you fly.

Air travel during pregnancy may increase the risk of complications associated with certain conditions in pregnancy — such as sickle cell disease, clotting disorders and placental insufficiency. In addition, your health care provider may restrict travel of any type after 36 weeks of pregnancy or if you're at risk of preterm delivery.

If your health care provider approves air travel and you have flexibility in your travel plans, the best time to fly may be in the middle of your pregnancy — about weeks 14 to 28. This is when you're likely to feel your best, and the risks of miscarriage and premature
    emilysmom1966

Answer by emilysmom1966 at 6:23 PM on May. 30, 2011