I need someone's Advice

Hi Cafe Momers,
I need someone's advice.I live with myself,my son, and my boyfriend.On the weekend his daughter comes over and stays with us.Well in August my son will be going to school here in Aurora.He goes in Plainifeld now.Well today we were walking there to see how long it will take to walk there.And me being as sick as a dog was already not feeling good.So, then when his daughter found out that my bf would be driving my son to school she immediately said "But,my dad goes into work around(he doesn't) and we don't have any gas in the van.I texted this to my bf because he texted me but i didn't hear it.I told him if you don't want to drive him you dont ever have to.Because he listens to everything else she tells him.That is the little princess,she can do no wrong.Im really trying to make this with him work but i dont know how much more I can take.And it makes me sad and it hurts me that he is willing to let me slip away.As long as he has his little princess.Any advice?

katiem1104

Asked by katiem1104 at 4:59 PM on May. 30, 2011 in General Parenting

• Play the same game your step daughter is playing pour a lot of sugar to your boyfriend to get your way too.

Answer by older at 5:03 PM on May. 30, 2011

• I guess I am not understanding the question? She doesnt want her dad driving your son? I think its something you have to work out between you and him and just let her know nicely you will be talking to her dad about it. Tell her it really isnt a huge issue to us anyway he offered and thats that. As for her well she is going to be this way because its how she was raised and theres no changing it now. Best you can do is let her know you dont want to be her mom, step mom, or anything, but just another adult whose on her side wanting whats best for her. They tend to respect that alot more than someone stepping in trying to impose new rules and telling them what to do.

Answer by gemgem at 5:04 PM on May. 30, 2011

• i like both of your answers lol.
    katiem1104

Comment by katiem1104 (original poster) at 5:14 PM on May. 30, 2011