Yay traveling with a toddler! What should i bring along for the ride??

Ok so my husband, me and our 21 month old are traveling a couple states away to visit the family and I was wondering if any of you have any good tips to keep the little one happy. We will be stopping pretty often to let her run around and stretch her legs. Anything special I should bring? I got some books and toys ready. Her Ipad with tons of Team Umizoomi uploaded for her. Any other ideas?

LT70

Asked by LT70 at 5:12 PM on May. 30, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Put some interactive apps on her iPad...... there are several out there. I don't remember the names of them offhand, but there is one with a fish pond, sock puppet, etc. Those type of apps will keep her entertained after she is bored from watching Umizoomi over and over again =) Have fun!
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 5:54 PM on May. 30, 2011

• does she like watching DVDs? I got my dd a portable DVD player when she was little. It helped a lot and she still uses it. I usually bring along something new that she hasn't played with before, or a new book or DVD. Also, you can put some outdoor toys, like ball, bubbles, things like that she can play with in rest areas. Hope this helps. Happy traveling. :)
    Ashoonik

Answer by Ashoonik at 6:36 PM on May. 30, 2011

• Patience! We just got back from a long trip and no matter what I pulled out, he was not interested. Good luck and have fun!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 6:44 PM on May. 30, 2011

• The portable dvd player has saved us on more than one long road trip! It was well worth the money we spend on it. Aside from that, I made sure that I had plenty of snacks and drinks on hand for her, and a goodie bag filled with new toys she hadn't seen before. Nothing big, just little things like little people, animals, books, stuff like that. Now that she's older (she's 4 1/2), I keep things like a lap desk with markers, crayons, paper, etc. handy, because she's my little artist. The girl could draw for hours, even in the car, and not make a peep the whole time.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 6:54 PM on May. 30, 2011

• Portable DVD player is awesome for long car rides. We're flying this summer and def plan on bringing it. My almost 3 y/o daughter has a V-Tech MobiGo, which is sort of comparable to a leapster,a nd she does really good on that, so we'll bring that too!! Good luck!
    hazeliiz

Answer by hazeliiz at 9:30 PM on May. 30, 2011

• We just got back from a long trip -- 2-hour car ride, 2 1/2-hour plane ride, 3-hour car ride all in one day. My son slept and watched his DVD's but what saved us the most was a magnetic drawing board.
    KJohnson4762

Answer by KJohnson4762 at 8:21 PM on Jun. 6, 2011