I know i shouldnt be upset but....

It sucks to get a text message at work that my 9 mo DS just took his first steps. I'm so happy he did it but disappointed I wasn't able to be a part of it...

kpincince

Asked by kpincince at 5:14 PM on May. 30, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Sorry! Its so hard to miss a milestone. My dtr took her 1st steps when I was at work, too. But she said "I love you" to me first. :)
    Danyellimom

Answer by Danyellimom at 5:48 PM on May. 30, 2011

• My daughter rolled over for the very first time as I was getting into my car to leave work. I was devastated she couldn't wait the ten minutes for me to get home. However, she did roll over again when I got home and then chose not to do it for the next week lol
    jteffs

Answer by jteffs at 8:25 PM on May. 30, 2011

• Eek that's hard. Does she say w/ soemone close that could possibly have a camera near by to capture it?
    hazeliiz

Answer by hazeliiz at 9:35 PM on May. 30, 2011

• Actually he was home with my DH, his dad. But he didn't think to get the camera.
    kpincince

Comment by kpincince (original poster) at 10:51 PM on May. 30, 2011

• I stay at home with my kids and I still managed to miss a few firsts between the three of them. It sucks, but at least it was your husband. And I always tried to just tell myself that it is ok for him to have a few firsts as well since I got all of the others! =) He will be all over the place now...good luck!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 11:39 PM on May. 30, 2011

• :( I feel your pain momma. I know i've had days where I fight back the frustration when they go on and on about all the new things he did. A few times i've even witnessed him do something and I get really excited about it only to hear "He's been doing that for a while." Gee, thanks for letting me know...
    DJsMommy610

Answer by DJsMommy610 at 12:30 PM on May. 31, 2011

• Aww I know that sucks. I had to miss my sons first halloween, I know that's not as important as walking for the first time, but it really bothered me not getting to see him in his little pumpkin costume. I had to work late, so he was already asleep when I got home. But at least I had pictures I got to look at of him. That really must be hard not being able to even watch a video of it. I'm sorry :-(
    summermail88

Answer by summermail88 at 9:40 PM on May. 31, 2011