Does cursing determine your level of intelligence? or Is cursing a form of expression?

babygirl_18

Asked by babygirl_18 at 5:15 PM on May. 30, 2011 in General Parenting

• I cuss and I have a large vocabulary. There's a time and a place for cussing and I recognize when and where I can do it and not have it reflect badly on me. There is more to assuming a person is of low intelligence besides relying on the words that come out of their mouth.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 6:03 PM on May. 30, 2011

• When someone cusses I think they are uneducated. I mean using every other word as a curse word when I am sure they could find other words and expand their vocabulary and not have to curse non stop. If someone stubs their toe and says oh shit I excuse that lol.

Answer by gemgem at 5:22 PM on May. 30, 2011

• Cursing doesn't determine a person's intelligence. Cursing may lead other people to conclude that your intelligence is lower, but having the words leave your lips doesn't affect your intelligence at all.

Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 5:25 PM on May. 30, 2011

• it's a form of expression as long as every other word you say isn't fuck
    sophistcatdfury

Answer by sophistcatdfury at 5:20 PM on May. 30, 2011

• I curse and have above average intelligence, I started cursing when I was little, my mom used to call me trench mouth.. I feel that it is a form of expression and in my case a habit. I do know when to curb my mouth tho

shivasgirl

Answer by shivasgirl at 5:21 PM on May. 30, 2011

• No then anything you do thats outside of societal norm would determine intelligence.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 5:22 PM on May. 30, 2011

• Form of expression for me. I don't participate in conversations and curse throughout it, but like gem said some things happen and it helps me to feel better to curse :)
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 6:01 PM on May. 30, 2011

• I don't know what my level of intelligence is although I consider myself educated and reasonably smart. As long as in you're in the right company and an appropriate place, there's nothing like the feel of a good "adult" word or two rolling off your tongue. Knowing when to NOT use them is probably a signal of higher intelligence, or better yet, a higher level of wisdom.
    LoveHerDad

Answer by LoveHerDad at 7:41 PM on May. 30, 2011

• I have a foul mouth, and so does my aerospace engineer LP...and our friends the chemist and composer, and their father the doctor. LOL. I WILL agree that the inability to control it or know where it is/isn't appropriate can make someone appear unintelligent.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 8:37 PM on May. 30, 2011

• Great answers, ladies, keep them coming!!
    babygirl_18

Comment by babygirl_18 (original poster) at 6:05 PM on May. 30, 2011