What would you do?

Would you feel awkward going to an ex'es home just bc they have a child together well my dh's dd is graduating and she want to have a celebration in their backyard (it's spacious) we all get along but we don't care to go nut my sd wants us to be there and she says her mom is ok with it but yet the mother hasn't said anything about it.
Personally I'd rather just wait til my sd comes back this way and we'll celebrate over here with dad.
Help!
And Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:26 PM on May. 30, 2011 in Adult Children (18+)

• We would have our own celebration. We are on speaking terms and all of that with them but....it would most definitely be awkward to be at their house. I would have to pass. I would rather really, really enjoy the celebration with her comfortably and that would mean at our house.
    KellyGirl_TX

Answer by KellyGirl_TX at 1:00 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• I'd go only if my presence didn't create any drama.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 5:42 PM on May. 30, 2011

• This celebration is for the child, not the adults. I had this issue when our younger two took their first communion. I invited both my ex & his girl friend. They did not stay long, about 45 minutes. But I feel if wad importent for the kids to see thst we could celebrations them, all together.
    It's being adults for the kids sake. And no, we did not get along! Outside this gathering but were able to put ourselves & pride away for that day.
    SassySue123

Answer by SassySue123 at 5:34 PM on May. 30, 2011

• I would go. It would be fun and your sd really wants u all together.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 5:35 PM on May. 30, 2011

• I don't know if I would go if her mom hadn't said anything. If this is just an idea the child has come up with, there could be some real fireworks. Maybe you could just tell the daughter that you all need an invitation from her mom. If you still don't hear from her, I probably would not go.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 5:49 PM on May. 30, 2011

• BUT WHAT IF HER NEW BF LIKES ME?...JUST KIDDING IM JUST BEING SILLY
    I DON'T WANT TO GO BUT FOR MY SD OK I GUESS...;)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:22 PM on May. 30, 2011

• I Meant the ex wife new bf... Not my sd
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:23 PM on May. 30, 2011

• my daughter just graduated and I am sure my exdh and my current dh weren't thrilled about spending the day together and taking pics together but they knew it was for the kid and to suck it up and enjoy the day...it is just one day
    Anonymous

• I would go. I agree that it is for the child, not the adults. I was raised in a family with multiple divorces and blends on every branch of our family tree, but we were ALWAYS welcoming to the exes for that sort of thing...especially since children are involved. We tried really hard not to do the step/half labels, and I REALLY think we all benefited from it.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 6:53 PM on May. 30, 2011

• I would go.
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 10:21 PM on May. 30, 2011