Docs Appt....( kinda long)

Ok Friday went to L & D ... I am having uterine irratibility which is causing all the braxton hicks contractions. Sent me home with a pain pill and bed rest for the weekend. Yesterday went back to the doc b/c my discharge papers said that if I had more than 4 contractions an hour to go back in. Well I had like 10 in 2hrs early yesterday morning. The doctor told me that she is just gettin really big fast and dropping fast. Cervix is softened and thats it. Basically told me I was going to have deal with the pain and the pressure! Anyone else go through this?? My uterine irratibility was not caused by lack of fluids but caused b/c my body is tired. I am now off bedrest and MISERABLE!! Any suggestions?? I feel like someone has kicked me b/t the legs and I am bruised!!! Pressure is soo bad I can barely walk, or stand. And omg Braxton hicks contractions are averaging about 3-4 an hr.
Thanks,
Shawna
34wks

Babyclark08

Asked by Babyclark08 at 10:24 AM on Dec. 9, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I have had a irritable uterus with both my pregnancies- I'm not a doctor but this was what my doctors told me...More then 6 contractions an hour is when I needed to call them (not good) - to rest, with my feet up as much as possible (I had bedrest with both my kids) & make sure I was drinking a lot of water- because the slightest bit of dehydration makes the contractions worse. And yes, my "fake" contractions wound up being stronger and more painful then my "real labor" contractions with my 1st child! Feel better & just think in a few weeks you will have your little baby and all this will be in your past!
    litstargazer

Answer by litstargazer at 11:36 AM on Dec. 9, 2008