Man, it's soo irritating!

Has anyone been there where people-strangers, and even family-are asking ; "are you done now having kids?" ugh! People that hardly know me are asking that and it's like none of your business if i'm am or not having any more babies. what if i want more, so what, right? I'm not going to outright tell people or even family members what i want or don't want ya know? anyone been there?

kristine8333

Asked by kristine8333 at 5:30 PM on May. 30, 2011 in General Parenting

• I had two and they were asking me ig I was done I feel your pain
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 5:35 PM on May. 30, 2011

• I'm 31 and a single mom. What irritates me is people assuming this must mean I don't want another kid in the future. I won't have kids til I'm remarried, but that doesn't mean I don't want another child.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 5:53 PM on May. 30, 2011

• It was the opposite for me, but just as annoying. People were always saying "when are you having another?"
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 6:06 PM on May. 30, 2011

• We are on our third and people SERIOUSLY act like we are crazy (as in batshit crazy) for wanting one more. Excuse me?! We take care of our children. We are able to properly provide for them without a lot of sacrifices. We are the "nuclear family". People really need to mind their business.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 6:51 PM on May. 30, 2011

• I just change the subject. But if I have PMS, I will sometimes fire right back at them. Like are you glad you *only* have two (with big smile on face)? They get the hint. I have a singleton, and get SO SICK of people asking when I am going to give DS a brother. Like it's a right, or a gift, or something. He's a child. I'm the parent. He doesn't have to feed, clothe, or house another child I DO. So STFU please!

If you are going to ask a question that is none of your business, you should at least say "it's none of my business" so I can say "yep! you are so right," and decide whether or not to answer anyway. Where did everyone's manners go?
    dwmom2008

Answer by dwmom2008 at 6:57 PM on May. 30, 2011

• Sometimes people ask questions like that just to make conversation, or they may genuinely be interested in you. I don't consider that a personal question and I have never thought of it as offensive. If it really bugs you try answering with humor or simply say you don't know. Your stress level with thank you. Oh, are you done having babies yet? Just kidding. :-)
    LoveHerDad

Answer by LoveHerDad at 7:33 PM on May. 30, 2011

• My daughter is six months old, but I have two step daughters who are TWELVE. Total we have THREE children. I can't seem to explain to people that I'm more than happy with my one biological daughter, because inreality I have THREE daughters. They think that I'm an absolute nut when when I tell them my husband had a vasectomy, as if I couldn't possibly be happy with the family I have.
    jteffs

Answer by jteffs at 8:07 PM on May. 30, 2011

• I havent had that question asked to me yet.
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 9:38 PM on May. 30, 2011

• I am a single mom with 3. People ask me all the time........... I want to say "none of your business"
    My3Ez

Answer by My3Ez at 12:25 PM on May. 31, 2011

• Before our first was a year old we heard it. At the time we said we were done but then by the time he turned 2 we decided that we wanted one more. We had her and started planning for one of us to get fixed. We heard it from relatives who have several children each, like 5 and more, and we said no, this time we are done for sure. They actually said why? Um, none of your business was what I wanted to say but didn't. I remember when I was in the hospital with my youngest, who was not even 24 hours old, and the nurse who came to do a blood draw on me asked how many more I'd be having. When I said none, she seemed shocked and asked why?! Like we must be crazy to only want two. I just say it's our decision and we have what we want and can afford and can effectively parent.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 12:31 PM on May. 31, 2011