Is it wrong to allow my daughter to spend a few days with her bf

she is 18 and he is 19 and in a few months she will be on her own anyway so I don't see the big deal.
She is a good kid who is honest with me about everything and tells me he is the first guy who isn't all over her and he is the first guy to treat her with respect. So that helps in my decision as well.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:32 PM on May. 30, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• She's an adult. She was honest with you about where she'll be. You've covered your bases on being sexually active with her. I think it's perfectly fine to let her!
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 7:16 PM on May. 30, 2011

• She's an adult. if something happens,she's legally responsible for her own actions

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:43 PM on May. 30, 2011

• No. Just talk about std's and condoms to reinforce that message.
    nepenthe429

Answer by nepenthe429 at 6:40 PM on May. 30, 2011

• As long as she knows how to protect herself, i don't see the problem. She is an adult.

~She's here!~ Micah Avery born 5-30 at 12:12 Am. 5 lbs, 7 oz, 19 in~

ValMommy17

Answer by ValMommy17 at 6:45 PM on May. 30, 2011

• I agree, she is an adult. By 18 I was living with my boyfriend. I would talk to her about safety and those issues, but she is an adult.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 6:46 PM on May. 30, 2011

• Nope, she's an adult. And um OF course they would have sex lol. My hub and I couldnt' be in the same bed together and NOT have sex at that age lol
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 7:45 PM on May. 30, 2011

• She's 18, I wouldn't have a problem with it. I might have a problem with him spending the night in my home if I had younger children but if they go somewhere on their own, that's up to them
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 8:34 PM on May. 30, 2011

• the sex talk should have came way before now!!! wow...
    ashes27165

Answer by ashes27165 at 8:48 PM on May. 30, 2011

• if your daughter is honest with you just give her the knowledge to make a good decision
    brookemhowell

Answer by brookemhowell at 8:58 PM on May. 30, 2011

• Yes. I am a realist. If my daughter wants to have sex she will have it locally or out of town. Being above the age of consent she does not need my approval. So yes I would be okay with my child spending several days of fun and relaxation with her boyfriend. And because I worry - I will just ask she call once a day to let me know she and her friend are alive and well. Plus, I would rather she be honest of her location rather than some lame ass lie of going off with the girls for a week end.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 9:20 PM on May. 30, 2011