What do you think about Blago getting arrested?

I think I live in the most corrupt state in the union. This is the 4th gov. to be arrested. This time they actually got him while still in office. I'm happy about it. How do you feel about t?

my4lads

Asked by my4lads at 10:32 AM on Dec. 9, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I just heard about it 5 minutes ago, haha. I'm in IL too. I don't know much about why he was arrested though...I need to read more on it. It's sad.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 11:16 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• I live in Illinois, also. I'm a democrat. How damn embarassing~! People here in Illinois aren't corrupt, just our freaking government. And I'm NOT big into politics, yet. I thought it was only 2 govs now. I guess he conspired to sell Obama's senate seat. WTH is that? And to think I DO have more pressing problems in my life right now and always. I'm watching the view and they just announced it~!! Oh well!
    Mariagma3

Answer by Mariagma3 at 11:35 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• Nope... he was the fourth

_Otto Kerner, a Democrat who was governor from 1961 to 1968, served less than a year of a three-year sentence after his 1973 conviction on bribery, tax evasion and other counts. He was convicted of arranging favorable horse racing dates as governor in return for getting horse racing association stock at reduced prices. Kerner died in 1976.

_Dan Walker, a Democrat who was governor from 1973 to 1977, served 1 1/2 years of a seven-year sentence after pleading guilty in 1987 to bank fraud, misapplication of funds and perjury. The charges were not related to his service as governor.

_George Ryan, a Republican who was governor from 1999 to 2003, was convicted of corruption in 2006 for steering state contracts and leases to political insiders while he was Illinois secretary of state and then governor. He is serving a 6 1/2-year prison term.

my4lads

Answer by my4lads at 11:42 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• I'm watching the coverage now ... first thing I thought when I heard of his arrest earlier this morning was "BOUT DAMN TIME"!
    Anonymous

• my4lads: thanks for sharing. I find this interesting. There appears to be a possible a "trend" of corruptness out of Illinois. Chicago corrupt politics dominoed into Illinois, and now Where is the Illinois corruptness going to domino effect into? The nation? It could be a possibility... Interesting.
    When will politicians get it? When will the [majority of] people get it? We need to change Washington of Corruption, Waste, Greed, and Pork...
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 2:03 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• What a sour face he has in the photos too.. I know the media will choose the very worst one... but WOW does it scream "poor me, I got caught" or what?
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 2:19 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• The government in Illinois has a LONG history of corruption. I'm glad "leaders" are finally being arrested. How very, very sad for the people who live there.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 2:28 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• There is always corruption in gov't......So no big news yo me
    Anonymous

• Illinois is not that bad. Alaska 7 republican lawmakers are in prison. Pluss our Senator Stevens is a 7 time felon!!!!!!
    Tristana

Answer by Tristana at 3:51 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• I wasn't surprised because he was under investigation for some time now. The timing was weird because yesterday he said BOA was being banned from the state of IL and then this happened today. But he will deserve what he gets. Maybe he can share a cell with former Gov. Ryan..
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 6:32 PM on Dec. 9, 2008