Who is a wedding for?

I know the wedding is for the bride and the groom.
But I have always thought that it is the Brides wedding.
She puts most of the work and effort into the wedding.
It is her day to shine and be beautiful.
My DF told me our wedding is my Day.
Am I wrong to think that this is my Day?
Of course it will be just as much as my DF's day too, but come on everyone knows the wedding is more important to the bride then the groom.

styhmMommy

Asked by styhmMommy at 7:03 PM on May. 30, 2011 in Just for Fun

• MIne was really for my mother. She eloped w/my dad at 16 and never had a wedding, I am the only girl, and was only 20 so the wedding was really her show, I just showed up. :)
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 7:04 PM on May. 30, 2011

• We never had an actual wedding but I think it's always morethe Bride's day than the Groom.
    cmgIII

Answer by cmgIII at 7:04 PM on May. 30, 2011

• My wedding was more my Husbands day. I wanted to go to Vegas. I wanted to get out of town have some fun with JUST my DH and I. Spend some quality time together. My DH wanted a big wedding with lots of people. I wish it would have been about me, and he had considered my reasoning for wanting to go away and do it.
    firethearson

Answer by firethearson at 7:09 PM on May. 30, 2011

• I think that in a lot of cases is means more to the bride to have it be a certain way so it ends up being more about what she wants but I don't think it is technically any more the bride's day than the grooms. My SO is the type to just go with the flow and would probably agree to whatever I wanted for a wedding. But if he did have an opinion or something he wanted then I would consider it as important as my wishes.
    kayslay

Answer by kayslay at 7:10 PM on May. 30, 2011

• Same here, my mother and father eloped so my wedding is more so for my mother. I think that the wedding is also more for the bride but not everyone thinks this. I guess I am being a bit of a bridezilla in others opinions.
    styhmMommy

Comment by styhmMommy (original poster) at 7:10 PM on May. 30, 2011

• my soon to be husbnd told me i could pick everything and plan it because it was more my day since its my first wedding and his second but i told him that it wasnt just my day or his day it was our day and our families since we are becoming a "blended" family
    goobersmom713

Answer by goobersmom713 at 7:12 PM on May. 30, 2011

• my hubby gave as much time and attention to the wedding planning as i did. i didnt have a job so he payed for most of it. my parents paid for part but not a lot of the wedding. it was OUR day.
    Ronnies_Girl

Answer by Ronnies_Girl at 7:16 PM on May. 30, 2011

• My mom/s day. I told her while we were planning I can't wait for my daughter to get married so I can plan a wedding. :-)
    vntNyll

Answer by vntNyll at 7:25 PM on May. 30, 2011

• For my husband and I who had a small JP ceremony, it was for both of us. Personally I think that women who think it's all about them are BRIDEZILLAS! UGH!
    Anonymous

• I have always thought it was wrong to think it is 'just' the bride's day. Two people are getting married. Two people should be made over a little.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 8:52 PM on May. 30, 2011