Has anyone ever set an above ground pool into the ground.. "semi-buried"?

A few months ago I asked about above ground pools. I got some great answers. We have been shopping to several dealers in the area and we can't decide on an intex or a regular "metal" type frame above ground pool. ANYWAY- the reason for my question is that the installer said he could dig TWO FEET into the backyard ground and "semi-bury" our above ground pool. I think this is interesting BUT I don't know squat about this... if you have ANY experience with this PLEASE post a comment and let me know:
a) any unforseen problems which you have had that I may not know about
b) how long have you had your pool
c) have you enjoyed it being like that in your yard (is it easier to care for or harder)
THANK YOU for your responses!!

FingerPainter

Asked by FingerPainter at 7:22 PM on May. 30, 2011 in Home & Garden

• I think.that's a great idea, we've had one for three years. But its all above ground, we don't have it set up this year because of water restrictions. We have the 48x20 size.
    The when the kids would go with their dad for a week, is let.the pool go, it got really nasty. I dumped an entire bottle of cleaner and bleach, let the pump run like 24 hours and it was clean! I wad do afraid, is have to drain it and start over.
    What are they going to put between the dirt, hole in the ground and the pool wall? Is worry about the water seeping between there and causing mud, allowing the legs of the pool to sink and become uneven..
    Do you know, his they're going to go this? I wonder if we could convert ours.
    We used railroad ties to build up s pad, packed sand for under the pool and used sidewalk papers around the other areas.
    I'll send you picture, if you'd like.
    SassySue123

Answer by SassySue123 at 7:54 PM on May. 30, 2011

• no
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 2:44 PM on May. 31, 2011