So how does the family bed not mean death to your sex live? Without to much detail please

The book I'm reading keeps insisting that co-sleeping and the family bed doesn't mean that your sex live is gone. Does that just mean that you have to go in another room or what? I'm confused.

lizziebreath

Asked by lizziebreath at 7:23 PM on May. 30, 2011 in General Parenting

• In my experience, it did hamper the sex life. I would never have had sex with my kids in the bed, so we just never had sex. They would have woken up if we'd moved. When they all sleep in their own beds, we can be together without worrying about them because we know they're safe and sound and sleeping well.
    AmourSpork

Answer by AmourSpork at 7:30 PM on May. 30, 2011

• That is one of the main reasons why hub and I didn't let our kids co-sleep. I liked that fact that our bed was just that OUR bed lol. Plus I would have never slept if my kids were in the bed with us when they were babies. But friends that had their babies in the bed with them would go out to the living room or another room to do the deed. But mostly, they didnt' have sex lol
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 7:34 PM on May. 30, 2011

• We usually put her in her in own bed then after we put her back. it's not that hard. apparently because i'm pregnant lol
    Keeely07

Answer by Keeely07 at 7:38 PM on May. 30, 2011

• Not a good idea. They need to learn to sleep in their own beds.
    Jerzymom

Answer by Jerzymom at 7:38 PM on May. 30, 2011

• We did it a few times when DS was young or had a cold,but he kicks too much to do it often and turns out that he sleeps through the night when he sleeps in his own room.
    It's not something I think I' do but I as just wondering how that wouldn't kill your sex life totally.
    lizziebreath

Comment by lizziebreath (original poster) at 7:46 PM on May. 30, 2011

• It doesn't hamper our sex life.
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 8:12 PM on May. 30, 2011

• Never was a problem, we co-slept with our kids until they were about 2... then moved them into their own beds. A new one came along just before the previous one's second birthday! lol After 6 years, we were happy to have our bed to ourselves but sex was never an issue.

When the babies are little, they sleep in swings or bouncers... not just in the bed. Sometimes when they were bigger they would nap or fall asleep on the couch or on the floor... most of the time, you just got creative. :-)
    HistoryMamaX3

Answer by HistoryMamaX3 at 8:50 PM on May. 30, 2011

• I could never do the family bed. My daughter needs her space and enjoys quiet time in the morning when she wakes up. Personally, it would completely hamper my sex life and I value that as an important aspect of our marriage.
    jteffs

Answer by jteffs at 9:26 PM on May. 30, 2011

• It's easy you just get creative. Think shower, other rooms, a little afternoon delight when kiddo is napping. It isn't that hard.
    Jerichos_Mommy

Answer by Jerichos_Mommy at 10:08 PM on May. 30, 2011

• I've had 8 kids, all of them have slept with me.It's just called getting creative, sex does not have to happen in a bed.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 11:59 PM on May. 30, 2011