My baby feeds the dogs and not self

my 16 month old loves feeding our dogs his food and i cant get him to stop i tryed butting the lil pigs in there own room to where my baby cant see them but he drops everything on the floor so when its time to let them out they go rite to it my baby eats alot during the day but its getting to where im scared he isnt getting enough how can i stop this i dont wanna give away the animals cause my son loves them very much

tjmommy2010

Asked by tjmommy2010 at 7:29 PM on May. 30, 2011 in Pets

• unless the doctor is worried I wouldn't worry. YOu can maybe clean up the area before you let the dogs out.
    vntNyll

Answer by vntNyll at 7:33 PM on May. 30, 2011

• My 17 mo old does the same, just lock the dogs in there room, there spot, outside, etc and teach the little one that the food is their food not the dogs. Then if they do drop it on the floor clean it up and tell them, its not for the doggie! Its slow but you will get there in time!!! Good luck mama!
    wife_mother1790

Answer by wife_mother1790 at 7:33 PM on May. 30, 2011

• Don't have the dogs nearby when the child is fed.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 12:25 AM on May. 31, 2011

• My babies did this too! I started making my dog lay on his bed during meal times. As for the kids I would just tell them "no" when they got a little bit older I would make them pick up food they threw on the floor on purpose. Of course I helped otherwise it'd take for ever, but the point is just to show them that someone has to pick up the mess. Once the meal was over I would clean up the area as best as possible and let the dog get the rest. That way the dog isn't being fed by the kids but is just acting as cleaner upper. This has worked well for us.
    Inle_Rabbit

Answer by Inle_Rabbit at 3:18 PM on Jun. 4, 2011