Is it wrong to duck tape your toddlers diapers

my 16 month old has a realy bad habbit of takeing off his cloths and his diaper he even takes off his diaper at night when he is in bed so theres pee and crap every where and its an all day all night thing what can i do to make him keep his diaper on

tjmommy2010

Asked by tjmommy2010 at 7:35 PM on May. 30, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• turn it around so he can't figure out how to take it off
    Keeely07

Answer by Keeely07 at 7:36 PM on May. 30, 2011

• yea turning it around only works for a short period of time. I don't see anything wrong with duct tapping the diaper as long as it's not on the skin. My hubby's cousin had to do that lol
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 7:37 PM on May. 30, 2011

• i have a 16 month old as well and she wears a lot of onesies that snap between the legs. there is no way for her to get to her diaper then! lol
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 7:39 PM on May. 30, 2011

• but to answer the question i guess it wouldn't be really 'wrong' to duct tape a small piece where the diaper comes together. as long as it doesn't touch any skin it should be fine. (would obviously hurt to have to rip it off the skin)
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 7:41 PM on May. 30, 2011

• I used to put the two piece out fits on mine and safety pin the two parts together. Mine could undo snaps!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:42 PM on May. 30, 2011

• I have had to do it, and I eventually got to the point where I would have to put it on backwards AND duct tape the flaps! It was so frustrating!
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 7:44 PM on May. 30, 2011

• duct tape away just make sure its not on the skin or its not to tight. GL
    aheuszel

Answer by aheuszel at 7:44 PM on May. 30, 2011

• Not wrong. Duct tape is your friend.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 7:46 PM on May. 30, 2011

• I've done it in a pinch; 10PM and no diapers in the house and tommorow is payday, and guess who tore the last nighttime diaper in the house. I also agree that it shouldn't touch the skin. Good luck.
    spkaudi

Answer by spkaudi at 8:04 PM on May. 30, 2011

• I think it is okay, too. We went through it, too. How about zip up sleepers put on backwards. You can cut the arms and legs off if it is too warm. We had to do that with our little naked booger. Good luck. It will pass.
    Hazelnutkin

Answer by Hazelnutkin at 9:56 PM on May. 30, 2011