HOW TO CLEAN UP BAD CREDIT?

I HAVE OLD BAD CREDIT AD HAD TO FILE A BK7 IN 2006. TRIED TO REESTABLISH AGAIN AND I DID. BUT WITH THE ECONOMY BEING SO BAD I LOST MY NEW CREDIT AND NOW IT IS BAD AGAIN. I PULLED MY CREDIT AGAIN TO SEE IF I CAN CLEAN IT UP SOME...

I WAS TOLD THEIR ARE LETTERS THAT CAN WIPE OFF CREDIT...I WAS ALSO TOLD THAT USE THOSE CREDIT REPAIR BUSINESSES AND THEY CAN HELP CLEAN OUT CREDIT....WHAT IS YOUR PERSONAL/PROFESSIONAL OPINION ON THAT?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:39 AM on Dec. 9, 2008 in Money & Work

• You can get a copy of your credit rating and if you havent gotten a notice from a creditor in writing for two years then you can ask that it be removed because they havent asked for their money. The other thing is look into www.cccsstl.org . I think thats where we went. They work with creditors to get your debts lowered and payment arrangements. They also help you come up with a budget so you can afford the payments and not live outside of you means.

Answer by gemgem at 10:46 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• Did you say you filed Bankruptcy in 06'? BKs usually remain on a report for about 7 years. The best thing I would suggest is do the best you can with what you have now, whatever cards, loans, payment history that gets reported. Also take advantage of a credit monitoring and building program, do your research on these things first here's one I used to use https://www.mycreditinform.com/gs/english/index.asp

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:55 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• QUOTING: Answered at 8:46 AM on Dec. 9, 2008 by: gemgem You can get a copy of your credit rating and if you havent gotten a notice from a creditor in writing for two years then you can ask that it be removed because they havent asked for their money.

BUT ISN'T THERE A SPECIFIC LETTER YOU NEED TO WRITE WITH SPECIFIC WORDS?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:05 AM on Dec. 9, 2008