What does a low cervix mean without being pregnant?

Me and my husband have been trying to conceive for a while now and recently I was told that my cervix was low. I'm really worried about this. I was recently told that with a low cervix it means a higher chance of having a miscarriage. I'm wondering if this is true or not. I'm open to any suggestions. All feedback is welcome!

xArmyWifex

Asked by xArmyWifex at 7:44 PM on May. 30, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• not sure about your case, but most women's cervix change positions many times during the month. usually your cervix is lower around the time you are ovulating so that it is easier to conceive.
    LunaB

Answer by LunaB at 3:04 AM on May. 31, 2011

• Ok well with that being said, it makes it really hard for me and my husband during intercourse because it becomes very painful. Do you have any suggestions on how to ease this pain?
    xArmyWifex

Comment by xArmyWifex (original poster) at 10:39 PM on May. 31, 2011

• hmm... ask your gynecologist to be sure nothing is anatomically abnormal and then ask which positions will result in less discomfort. they should be able to give you some good info!
    LunaB

Answer by LunaB at 11:19 PM on May. 31, 2011