8 month old grinding teeth is this normal?

My DD just started grinding her teeth not all the time but maybe twice to 6 times a day is this something they grow our of or is there something i am not doing right lol

krissii

Asked by krissii at 7:55 PM on May. 30, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Has she been to the dentist? I would take her and ask them. Most people grind their teeth at night while they are sleeping. Is she getting a reaction from you when she grinds? If yes, then she might be doing it for attention. I don't know though..... I would recommend asking a dentist.
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 8:06 PM on May. 30, 2011

• yes and OMG it made my skin crawl. She eventually grew out of it.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:06 PM on May. 30, 2011

• Yeah. My son did it when he discovered he had front teeth. lol. It's icky, but he doesn't do it anymore.
    acurran88

Answer by acurran88 at 8:09 PM on May. 30, 2011

• It's normal. It's a phase. It will stop on its own. My kids did it too. It was SO loud!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 8:13 PM on May. 30, 2011

• Oh yes, all 3 of mine did it at least once for a few days. Drives parents nuts! I have not heard of a kid that hasn't tried it at least once.

Tracys2

Answer by Tracys2 at 8:22 PM on May. 30, 2011

• I actually read about this recently, I can't remember which magazine it was, but they said that it is normal, that they just find their new teeth fascinating or something along those lines lol, so they grind them, kind of playing with them I guess....They answered the question a lot better than I just did, in the magazine, but you get the gist of it :-P
    summermail88

Answer by summermail88 at 11:06 PM on May. 30, 2011