Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

Does your inlaws act like this about your child

my inlaws has hated me since day one idk why i havent done nothing but let there grandson stay with me free of charge but since i had a baby its like i cant be a mother they tell me what i can and cant not feed our child or what our child can wear and it should be only what they buy my mom is the same way for both sides its like they can only be parents and i just have to sit there and its driveing me nuts no matter what i do its wrong no matter what i say is wrong the inlaws got ahold of the docters number and bugs the heck out of the docter to the point the docter dont know if he wants to see my child anymore ive tryed not letting them come over as much or the child to go over there as much but they just show up with no call or nothing i get the cold sholder everytime i go around and says that our child has this or has that of someone els and when i say no he gets it from me its always no i dont think so he has no one in your family genetics what els can a mother do i feel like there trying to take him from me i have told them off more than 100 times but there are friends with a police officer and have me thrown in jail for whatever reason they come up with

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 7:58 PM on May. 30, 2011 in General Parenting

Answers (9)
  • I would consider getting a restraining order against them.

    Answer by ladybug0614 at 8:03 PM on May. 30, 2011

  • Don't go near them. The drs office should NOT be sharing any information with them AT ALL that's against HIPPA (fed. regulations).

    Answer by MamiJaAyla at 8:06 PM on May. 30, 2011

  • where is dad in all this? If he is around, have you tried talking to him about it? When they come over just dont answer. Tell them kindly through the door, over the phone that they did not call before showing up and that you are spending quality time with your child. Or you can just not answer at all. Write them a letter explaining how you feel. This way it you are not able to get to mad because they will not be inturupting you. Just a thought.

    Answer by michelle.coppes at 8:08 PM on May. 30, 2011

  • It's time to have a sit down chat whit them about appropriate grandparent behavior & threats. They are NOT the child parents, they have NO legal right to talk to your child's doctor - your doc can not legal talk to them about your child!! Honestly I can't understand half of what you say here due to the lack of punctuation, but maybe you should also go have a talk with the police officer they are "friends" with. Tell the cop that they are using him as a threat, I am sure he will NOT be pleased about that!!


    Answer by Crafty26 at 8:10 PM on May. 30, 2011

  • Sounds pretty serious. I'd move. Go interstate or even overseas, if that's an option. Just get the hell out of there. Then they don't have a choice of being so damned interfering. They're not respecting you, so they've already given up any "rights" they have to be part of you or your child's life. I'd just leave.

    Answer by judimary at 8:11 PM on May. 30, 2011

  • sounds like u need to just keep away from them. Make sure ur dr office knows they dont have permission for them to tell anyone anything under federal law, and u should just stop answering the door!

    Answer by katiebug840204 at 8:29 PM on May. 30, 2011

  • I would tell them they are not welcome to come to your home anymore

    Answer by JLS2388 at 8:36 PM on May. 30, 2011

  • Get a lawyer and a restraining order and take care of them.

    Answer by pinkdragon36 at 8:41 PM on May. 30, 2011

  • People like that are toxic and you really do just need to cut them out of your life. I can say this without any question - my MIL is toxic as well.

    Answer by scout_mom at 9:33 PM on May. 30, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.