HELP!!!

Okay so I have three girls ages 9,7,and 5. My 7 and 9 year old hate each other I swear!!! They fight all day about everything, I cannot tell you the last time I can remember them getting along. I have had ENOUGH! I cannot take the arguing anymore from the two of them. any suggestions???

Mommi2four2011

Asked by Mommi2four2011 at 7:58 PM on May. 30, 2011 in Tweens (9-12)

• I have 6 kids and I honestly don't tolerate them being nasty to each other. They know in their hearts that they love each other and when they disagree, I insist they talk it through until they both see what is fair for both kids. My second son used to be really mean to his sisters when he was about 9 and they were 7 and 5, but it didn't last. A few big sit-down talks about what is appropriate and inappropriate and how to treat others... it definitely took some time, but they're good now, and have been good together for years now. Those upsets are barely a distant memory for the kids, who are now 18, 16 and 13. The boy is even dating his 16 yr old sister's BFF.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 8:07 PM on May. 30, 2011

• I usually make them hug each other after they start fighting...lol...but nothing i do ever ends it for the next time
    Mommi2four2011

Comment by Mommi2four2011 (original poster) at 8:18 PM on May. 30, 2011

• A friend of mine makes her girls say " A sister is a very special friend" when they fight. Seems to work for her.
    jcm62497

Answer by jcm62497 at 7:53 AM on May. 31, 2011

• my boys are 9 and 4 and they fight also but we don't allow name calling hitting or biting and if one of them does anything they know is not tolerable then they get punished for it and they also have to apologize to the other. We don't tolerate nasty behavior in our house and they know it. If they disagree on something I usually have them come to me explain what is going on and then try to work out a compromise, they have to communicate with each other also. Good Luck and God Bless
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 10:18 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• bump

sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 12:06 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• bump

budda646

Answer by budda646 at 9:39 PM on Jun. 3, 2011