So my MIL says DH and i are to young to have two kids.........you have got to be kidding me!

When we found out we were pregnant again we were so excited we wanted our children to be close (they will be 13 months apart nearly to the day)so when we told my mom she was excited couldn't stop jumping for joy (no joke) when we told his parents this is what we get "Well why the hell did you let her do that to you" (Said to DH) when he said this is what we want she said "Or she just went off her birth control and now you're trapped with another kid" .......at this point he was fuming and told her to back up that i wasn't on birth control and he wasn't using a condom so if she wanted to blame anyone she better start with him.....then we get the last zinger "You do realize you're too young for two kids how can you do this to your life?" at this point he said goodbye..........

Background- MIL started having kids at 14 and had five kids before she was 24 and brags that she was the best mother because she is so young and everyone should have kids that young so you don't waste your life

DH= 22 i am 25

krissii

Asked by krissii at 8:08 PM on May. 30, 2011 in Relationships

• wow, thats ridiculous. congrats though :)
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 8:13 PM on May. 30, 2011

• Wow, sounds somewhat like my MIL. Thinks I trapped my DH into having a baby with me (you know, after we had been together 3 years and were already married lol)
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 8:13 PM on May. 30, 2011

• Bleh my mom was the same way except she never tried to say she was a good mom lol, she wasnt. I think sometimes moms or inlaws are just stupid for no reason and forget what it is like to be our age. I would have told her something mean so she is lucky to deal with you and not me.

Answer by gemgem at 8:15 PM on May. 30, 2011

• Congratulations. Oh, and your MIL is a nut-case. Get used to it. We all have a few weirdos in the family; you just have to get ued to avoiding or ignoring her.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 8:15 PM on May. 30, 2011

• Sorry that your mil is so awful...but I wanted to say, congrats!
    cdecker83

Answer by cdecker83 at 8:16 PM on May. 30, 2011

• Wow. What a horrible MIL. Congrats on the pregnancy, though!
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 8:20 PM on May. 30, 2011

• Congratulations mil sounds a bit nasty
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 8:28 PM on May. 30, 2011

• she is crazy! My mil thinks that about me as well. That i got pregnant so i could trap her son. Haha crazy people out there man.
    michelle.coppes

Answer by michelle.coppes at 8:38 PM on May. 30, 2011

• congrats!!!..i would be pissed..
    ashes27165

Answer by ashes27165 at 8:43 PM on May. 30, 2011

• my MIL wanted me to abort my 3rd baby, but then again so did my husband. she too thought i was trapping him, even though she was our THIRD baby and we were already married. now, of course, everyone loves her (and MIL actually favors her because she looks most like my husband) but that caused a lot of drama for months and months. everyone was pissed that i didn't abort.

btw, my 2nd and 3rd are 13 months apart also and almost to the day (12/12/08 & 01/13/10) and they are great friends!! :) congrats!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:47 PM on May. 30, 2011