Historectomy 2008. I still have a period every other month. Can I get still get prego?

I have MS and get treatment once a month. I am willing to stop the treatment if I did get pregnant.
I just saw on the news a women got pregnant and her baby connected to her stomach and after a C section. Survived.

What do you guys think?
Cyn

1993Spurs

Asked by 1993Spurs at 8:13 PM on May. 30, 2011 in Health

• i don't think it is likely but I am no medical doctor.
    mrsary

Answer by mrsary at 8:15 PM on May. 30, 2011

• I have never heard of anyone getting pregnant after a hysterectomy...or having a period for that matter.
    katiebug840204

Answer by katiebug840204 at 8:15 PM on May. 30, 2011

• They have taken all the baby making parts out? If so, then no you cannot get pregnant unless it's an act of God.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 8:16 PM on May. 30, 2011

• I have never heard of this. I am not sure how it would work. Do you have any more information on this case?
    vntNyll

Answer by vntNyll at 8:18 PM on May. 30, 2011

• If you had a hystorectomy I don't see how you could be pregnant or having a period. They removed everything unless you only had a partial. Now if you had your tubes tied it is possible to be prego...
    Faye1234

Answer by Faye1234 at 8:39 PM on May. 30, 2011

• If you had a full hysterectomy, you should not be having a period at all. Those organs would have been removed. If you are bleeding, I would be very concerned. If it was a partial hysterectomy, then you would have to talk to a doctor about "what's left" in there and what to expect.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 8:40 PM on May. 30, 2011

• Well, this is the FIRST case ever reported where the child survived. It is nothing more than a miracle that the mother was not seriously injured. If you had a hysterectomy, you would not have a period... the uterus has been removed. Even a partial hysterectomy the uterus is removed, only the tubes and ovaries were left behind. IF you were to become pregnant, they would deem it medically necessary to remove it, as it would damage your body and have a great chance of killing you.

I would NOT risk it. Adopt?
    HistoryMamaX3

Answer by HistoryMamaX3 at 8:44 PM on May. 30, 2011

• You need to find out exactly what was removed during your hysterectomy. My grandma thought she had a complete hysterectomy. At age 68 she found out differently when she was dying of cancer.

If you had a hysterectomy, then they should have removed your uterus. A period is shedding of the uterus lining.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 9:49 PM on May. 30, 2011

• If you've had your uterus removed then you shouldn't be bleeding at all.  See a doctor.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 11:06 PM on May. 30, 2011

• Hysterectomy is the removal of the uterus. If you are bleeding at all at anytime you need to see your gynecologist immediately. Rarely if the ovary was left in and the vaginal cuff was torn then maybe one in a billion might have a child attach to the intestines. It is highly unlikely that you are pregnant. Advice? See your doctor asap.
    DDWay

Answer by DDWay at 12:21 AM on May. 31, 2011