I keep changing my mind, must make choice for WIC vouchers

I have till the end of June to come to a concrete decesion on whether we will use Lactaid or goat milk for our son.
What did you guys go with if your children were lactose intolerant? Does anybody have kind of the pros and cons to either one?

lizziebreath

Asked by lizziebreath at 8:20 PM on May. 30, 2011 in General Parenting

• we have our ds on soy milk. he loves it cause its a chocolate one lol i would start off going to the store and comaring prices of the milks. WIC doesnt give you as much milk as your LO will need for the month. You could also buy your LO both types and see what he likes best.
    dreamangel06

Answer by dreamangel06 at 9:15 PM on May. 30, 2011

• Many individuals that are lactose intolerant can get all the nurtients that would be found in milk from other foods. Maybe research that instead of worrying about getting him on another type of milk.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 8:24 PM on May. 30, 2011

• I did goats milkwith ds for the first year. Its VERY expensive. The nice thing with lactaid is that it is the milk we are used to so I easily use it for everything in the family (we are ALL on lactaid)... I can use it for my cereal, mac n cheese, anyone .... not quite so for goats milk. HOWEVER, he needed goats milk... until he was almost 2. Dd went straight to lactaid and did great. which is wierd b/c she was the more intolerant one as an infant (from the moment of birth) while he just got a slight case of exzema at a few months.
    It runs in the family on both sides though so I wasn't too surprised.
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 8:47 PM on May. 30, 2011

• It's for our WIC vouchers so I have to choose one to put on them.
    lizziebreath

Comment by lizziebreath (original poster) at 8:26 PM on May. 30, 2011

• I'd go with the Lactaid- it tastes MUCH better than goat's milk. lol
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 9:10 PM on May. 30, 2011

• goats milk is the closest animal rennet to humans making it easy to digest. cow's milk is one of the top 8 allergens and is very hard to digest, even lactaid. lactaid is just cow milk laced with chemicals. if i had to use one or the other, i'd definitely choose goats milk
    LunaB

Answer by LunaB at 2:58 AM on May. 31, 2011