Would you let your hubby go?

Thursday is our anniversary. Well, last night my husband came in and said that the guys in his work center were haveing a kind of going away party for a few of the guys that are transferring out of the squadron here soon. It just happened to be Thursday night. I really want to spend that time with him, but I know he is close to these guys and part of him wants to be there. He told me he would stay home with me when i reminded him what day it was, but I still feel bad. Would you let your hubby go, even though its your wedding anniversary?

abbynzachsmommy

Asked by abbynzachsmommy at 10:45 AM on Dec. 9, 2008 in Relationships

• I would... because when you really think about it is just another day right? maybe you can do something fun this weekend!
    VictinaG

Answer by VictinaG at 10:46 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• I would tell him that he could spend a couple of hours there and then the rest with you. Just as a compromise.
    watersgirls

Answer by watersgirls at 10:46 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• Yep Id let him go and do something friday.

Answer by gemgem at 10:47 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• I would let him go - he's pretty close to these guys. Then plan a weekend getaway. Even if it's the hotel down the street or just shipping the kids to grandma's for the weekend. That way you get MORE UNDIVIDED attention!!! Have fun!:)
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 10:48 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• As long as he didn't act like a fool (getting stupid drunk, I hate that) and straight up neglect the day completely I'd let him go. Especially in the military you have to say goodbye so much that every little minute counts with friends.

Besides, Thursday is a bad day for celebrating anyway. Go out and have a nice weekend anniversary dinner or something. Happy Anniversary!
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 10:49 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• I'd let him go, maybe you two could have lunch or dinner together before he goes.
    staceynoel

Answer by staceynoel at 10:50 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• Yes, I would let him go. He may never see some of these guys again.
    proud2Bmomma

Answer by proud2Bmomma at 10:52 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• let him go=D just tell him friday or wednesday better be even more special!!! =)
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 10:53 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• I would be disappointed, but I would let him go then I would do something the following night.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:56 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• I would want him to go and enjoy himself. I would also look forward to how creative he would be in making our anniversary special either when he got home or on the weekend. He would know I was expecting something romantic when I told him I couldn't wait to see what he had planned for me!

That way its a win win situation. He gets to spend time with his friends who are important to him and you get something extra special because you are understanding and he is reminded that he loves you and thankful he chose you as his wife!
    haston

Answer by haston at 11:02 AM on Dec. 9, 2008