What is the worst relationship advice you have ever gotten.

I hate hearing "Well maybe the two of you shouldn't be together"
Yea sometimes two people aren't just meant to be.
But when someone speaks of their relationship, they want actual advice.
They don't want to hear someone say to just give it the quits.
I myself don't think that just because a couple fights and can't get over the issue right away then they should break up.
A relationship is hard work.
I myself have told people to give it a break before they just let everything go.

styhmMommy

Asked by styhmMommy at 8:21 PM on May. 30, 2011 in Relationships

• You made your bed now lie in it.

Sorry but I have the ability to make my bed or change the bed that I lay in.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 8:22 PM on May. 30, 2011

• That you should always marry someone who is well off even if you don't love the person.

Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 8:23 PM on May. 30, 2011

• You should marry him and give your baby a two parent household.
    kayslay

Answer by kayslay at 8:26 PM on May. 30, 2011

• I also hate that the first reaction to anything seems to be leaving. Guess what...the next guy will screw up too...and the one after that...and the one after that. Not that I think every relationship is meant to be permanent, or that abuse or other extreme situations should be tolerated, but leaving is not always the answer.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 8:29 PM on May. 30, 2011

• Worst advice came from the church of Christ Pastor or whatever they are called. My ex used to beat me. He told me I should pray to God that I stop doing whatever it is that is making my husband have to beat me.

Answer by gemgem at 8:29 PM on May. 30, 2011

• certainly "stay with him and take it until the order for protection has been served"
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 8:32 PM on May. 30, 2011

• "God does not recognize divorce, so you if get a divorce, you will have to stay alone other wise you will be committing adultery."

Lucky divorce did not happen, and things are great between me and dh, but that was the worst advice, and the worst thing that could be said to a young woman looking at becoming a single mom.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 9:06 PM on May. 30, 2011

• when I had my first baby at 17 I told my mom my bf is never touching me again and she said " you have to he has needs you know"
    Anonymous

• OMG gemgem that is awful!!
    blackisbetter

Answer by blackisbetter at 2:52 AM on May. 31, 2011

• "you should spend more time apart. you need to be happy without each other to be happy with each other."
    LunaB

Answer by LunaB at 2:55 AM on May. 31, 2011