Im haven a problem with severe sweeling in my hands what do I do?

I am 36 wks and 5 days and sunday my hands started swelling. i know that edema is normal in pregnancy but its way worse then that. i cant hardly move my fingers at all. I went to the laber and delivory and they say its normal. Its so painfull i been crien.. any body knw what i can do? please help me. I got other children I cant tend to bc of this!

mzdtray

Asked by mzdtray at 8:52 PM on May. 30, 2011 in Health

• Carpal Tunnel - It's common in pregnancy.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 8:53 PM on May. 30, 2011

• Mine mostly flared up while I slept. I used a wrist guard to help relieve it.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 8:55 PM on May. 30, 2011

• Try to find a massage threapist who works on pregnant women...often a skilled masseuse can help relieve swelling...
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 9:34 PM on May. 30, 2011

• Lie down and elevate your hands with pillows above the heart level. Also put some cold compresses on them. Do this tonight when going to bed. Anytime you notice the swelling prop them on pillows above heart level. It brings the swelling down. Talk this over with your ob/gyn at your next visit. You don't want too much swelling.
    DDWay

Answer by DDWay at 12:37 AM on May. 31, 2011

• Its unusal to have severe swelling like u r talking in carpal tunnel, but symptoms may include numbness, tingling, burning, pain, or a dull ache in the fingers, hand, wrist, and even up the arm to the shoulder or,your hand may feel clumsy or weak. Since u said u got swelling on Sunday, it is also a sign of Preeclampsia, go to your doctor and make sure it isn't and also may have a little tenderness on your upper part of your tummy. I know some women can get this in later stages of their pregnancy. Just make sure and be safe. GL

Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 12:39 AM on May. 31, 2011