Rear garages and neighbors?

We're moving to the Frisco area and my husband really liked the rear garages. I was curious about the interaction between neighbors (isolated?) and the kids. I've only lived where there are front garages and I really like how you knew people were home, kids played in the streets, etc. Just wondering before we actually make an offer.

KristilovesJuan

Asked by KristilovesJuan at 8:54 PM on May. 30, 2011 in Home & Garden

• The houses with front garages are called "snout houses" and I think the advantage to a rear garage is that your neighbors wouldn't see you coming and going.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 10:54 PM on May. 30, 2011

• i like them more private
    critter_boo

Answer by critter_boo at 9:15 AM on May. 31, 2011

• Can't help. I have side entry garage doors. My great grandmother had rear entry garage doors and they used to scare me. lol.
    ceciliam

Answer by ceciliam at 11:50 AM on May. 31, 2011

• I would love a rear garage so people couldn't be so nosey about what Im doing at home. My interaction with my neighbors has nothing to do with my garage so I don't see how that would interfer with anything.
    aj23

Answer by aj23 at 4:48 PM on May. 31, 2011