God does not recognize divorce.....

My ex husband beat and cheated on me so I got divorced. I know it says in the bible if a spouse cheats, its ok to get divorced. My man's ex wife moved out on him and filed for divorce and they are divorced but there was no cheating involved. According to the bible God won't recognize our marriage because he is committing adultery by marrying me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:16 PM on May. 30, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• God forgives us of all of our sins.
    cmgIII

Answer by cmgIII at 9:23 PM on May. 30, 2011

• MAN said what God did or didn't like ... not God.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 9:18 PM on May. 30, 2011

• As long as the state does, what's the big deal?!
    Anonymous

• You need to read the passages in context. That is vital in order to have any understanding of tgod's word! .
    God is gracious. The best thing to do is to do a word study.. ask Holy Spirit what it says.
    I believe your marriage is recgonizable.
    God hates divorce because of what it does spiritually. He allows it because of man's stubbornness.
    I am divorced... no cheating involved. God chose to take me out of this marriage for reasons many will not understand.
    My church family does thankfully!
    Anyway I encourage you to dig into those passages. Holy Spirit will lead you if you let Him.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 9:36 PM on May. 30, 2011

• That is so twisted. Who teaches you that sort of thing? God wants you to be happy. Marry your man.
    A.Perry

Answer by A.Perry at 9:19 PM on May. 30, 2011

• Marriage is a legal binding, not a religious one. God really has nothing to do with it.

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 1:08 AM on May. 31, 2011

• He met me, we hooked up, she filed for divorce and now I'm getting married.

So it sounds like he committed infidelity with you against his wife. If she had filed divorce because she wanted him to pay for everything, I don't believe that is Biblical grounds for divorce. But since simply desiring another woman (in this case you), then infidelity took place in his marriage.

Now as far as God recognizing your marriage as legitimate, IDK. You'll have to take that one up with God.
    -Eilish-

Answer by -Eilish- at 11:52 AM on May. 31, 2011

• If you 'hooked up' while he was married and you two were not divorced, you're already committing the sin that you're worried you'll be committing by getting married so I'm not seeing the point to this question...
    Octobersmom

Answer by Octobersmom at 12:23 PM on May. 31, 2011

• According to the Bible...God is an asshole. But according to my own spiritual experience with God, he is an awsome, forgiving and understandable God and knows that we all have trials and tribulations. He does not condemn our actions, he only hopes we respond positively. I hope that made sense.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 9:20 PM on May. 30, 2011

• 1st Anon, I'm just trying to get an answer based on the bible, not the State.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:24 PM on May. 30, 2011