I was really naive

So, yesterday we were at a family picnic (my hubby, dd, and I). During the picnic my hubby was texting constantly and he told me his cousin was fooling around and texting him funny stuff. OK w.e.

So, today I just had the urge to make an account to look at who he was actually texting and it's some 45 year old woman from work (not that 45 is old, but hubby is 29). Anyway, they have been texting back and forth quite a lot... what's the deal ... he tells me he talks to her "sometimes".... reassures me nothing is happening. Then why lie? Why erase the texts? He tells me because he knows I would get mad ..... THEN DUH STOP TALKING TO HER.

Am I being naive to think there isn't anything going on?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:37 PM on May. 30, 2011 in Relationships

• Yep. Naive. I was. And it was more than just texting. Her husband showed up at my house so we could compare notes.

We divorced 8 months later when he wasn't sorry about doing it, only sorry he got caught.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 9:39 PM on May. 30, 2011

• I would say you are being naive. Sorry.
    smurfyangel

Answer by smurfyangel at 9:41 PM on May. 30, 2011

• Have to agree very naive! People with nothing to hide, hide nothing.
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 9:42 PM on May. 30, 2011

• Yep, naive. Sorry its happening to you.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 9:43 PM on May. 30, 2011

• I go through the EXACT same thing with my husband. not only is it irritating but completely sketchy. we have dealt with infidelity in the past. but i feel like the past is the past. however, if you have a gut feeling about something, go with it. thats how i found out about the "past" issue
    momshell1105

Answer by momshell1105 at 9:53 PM on May. 30, 2011

• Sorry hun. I know this hurts, but yes, your are denying the obvious. I'm sorry you are going through this.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 9:55 PM on May. 30, 2011

• yes...
    koolmaa

Answer by koolmaa at 10:34 PM on May. 30, 2011

• If he had nothing to hide, then why did he erase the text messages? At least you caught on, that's a good thing. Keep an eye on the account. If it was nothing, they wouldn't be texting each other so much.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:11 AM on May. 31, 2011

• Texting another woman while he is at a family gathering? Not acceptable.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 12:50 AM on May. 31, 2011

• Sorry mama, but yes...I also think it's naive thinking. If he's erasing things and thinking you'd be mad, there's a reason why you would be mad.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 4:33 PM on May. 31, 2011