Career in Real Estate

I'm currently in school for my bachelors in Business Mgmt, but lately have really been considering getting a real estate license. Am I totally crazy considering the way the market is right now?? Anyone work in real estate see a light at the end of the tunnel?

hazeliiz

Asked by hazeliiz at 9:44 PM on May. 30, 2011 in Money & Work

• Unfortunately the market is really bad. There are very few FT real estate agents out by me because the money isn't there. This past year has been the slowest it's been for a couple of years since the crash because there are no incentives for buying (like the tax incentives). I've had my house on the market since February and I've only shown my house 3 times! I'm not living in a shack either! (not that it's a mansion by any means). It is REALLY slow out there and even though people are dropping the prices really low, there just isn't any buyers. I am not against your career choice, I love real estate, but I think I would wait at least another year because it's so slow out there. I'm in Illinois BTW!
    techgirl3

Answer by techgirl3 at 11:00 PM on May. 30, 2011