Have any of you tried a self tanner that ACTUALLY works?

I really do not want a tanning membership. and actually the one time that i was airbrushed at a tanning salon, i was pretty blotchy. so has anyone tried a self tanner (aerosol or lotion) that REALLY works well?

momshell1105

Asked by momshell1105 at 9:51 PM on May. 30, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• yes yes yes!!....it's called SUN....get the lotion and the moisturizer. I will warn you its more expensive (40 bucks) but omggg it works so goood! and i've tried SOOO many self-tanners. You can look online at it at Ulta.com (or if you have a store near you). Seriously...it works perfect. it gives you an olive skin tone (and i am SUPPPERR pale) and does not get splotchy or anything. Smells good. but youll need the moisturizer to keep the tan or youll be putting it on everyday :(
    Keeely07

Answer by Keeely07 at 10:09 PM on May. 30, 2011

• not that i've tried
    myownhappiness

Answer by myownhappiness at 9:53 PM on May. 30, 2011

• Victoria secret and I mix it with lotion after i exfoliate so its never orange-y
    cailynsmommy626

Answer by cailynsmommy626 at 9:55 PM on May. 30, 2011

• Keeely07, thanks so much!!! i have heard about this product! definitely going to give it a try!
    momshell1105

Comment by momshell1105 (original poster) at 10:52 PM on May. 30, 2011

• The only one I have personally tried and liked is some L'Oreal one (Sublime bronze, maybe?), but I've heard amazing things about (and seen the results from) St. Tropez and it's unbelievable. You would never know it was fake. My sister also tried Mystic Tan not too long ago for the second time and it was unreal how much it tanned her and how natural it looked. She religiously lays out in the sun and always has, and I couldn't tell that it wasn't a "real" tan. Anyway, I'm super pale (I make vampires look tan, if you see anything below my face lol), and it's really hard for me to find a tanner that doesn't turn me orange or weird colors like that, but the L'Oreal (after exfoliating and moisturizing/mixing it with lotion to apply) worked really well for me. I want to order some St. Tropez or go to a Mystic Tan now that we have one close-ish to us, but I'm not sure if I'll have the money for it. I'd recommend one of those, though.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 11:37 PM on May. 30, 2011

• no
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 2:36 PM on May. 31, 2011

• Bareminerls isn't horrible but I have used nicer ones.
    BrandyBaby22

Answer by BrandyBaby22 at 6:47 PM on May. 31, 2011