Why do you think when God created the world He started with 1 man & 1 woman ?

wvblj

Asked by wvblj at 10:15 PM on May. 30, 2011 in Religious Debate

• I don't. I think it's all just a story based on other myths that was simply invented as a means to explain the "why" of life when knowledge was limited and curiosity expanding.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 10:23 PM on May. 30, 2011

• IDK but it's kinda ironic that sex with a brother/sister or cousin is considered sick and marrying one is illegal. How do they think the world was populated if it all started with only Adam and Eve...
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:21 PM on May. 30, 2011

• MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 10:32 PM on May. 30, 2011

• Hmm Suddenly I get the feeling this is an offshoot of another post and is really an anti-homosexuality rant. Don't like it, don't engage in it, other than that it's none of your business.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 10:34 PM on May. 30, 2011

• I don't think that. I believe God is a myth, and so are Adam and Eve. I also believe that Thor, Zeus and Hera are mythological beings. They all make great stories, and in the future, the Bible will be studied in History classes the same way that Greek, Roman and other mythologies are today. 

jsbenkert

Answer by jsbenkert at 10:53 PM on May. 30, 2011

• God might have created the entire Universe and then everything else came after that. He also created the first one celled animals that branched out and expanded into many celled animals and then billions of tears later, mankind (men and women) EVOLVED. There was no "Adam and EVe"...that is just symbolic. I believe in evolution and God ...both.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 10:56 PM on May. 30, 2011

• Ummm... I don't.. the christian deity does not exist in my eyes... a fallacy.
    Kaelansmom

Answer by Kaelansmom at 1:47 AM on May. 31, 2011

• didn't dinosaurs get here first, before 1 man and 1 woman, did he create them too? lol
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 10:20 PM on May. 30, 2011

• Because one man and one woman was all that was needed to populate the earth.
    popzaroo

Answer by popzaroo at 10:30 PM on May. 30, 2011

• Not all of us (Christians) believe the creation narrative is a literal event in history - that Adam and Eve actually existed, etc. We read it as allegory or Mythos... So we don't put more emphasis on it than is reasonable...
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 11:42 PM on May. 30, 2011