Considering changing my 3yr olds school? advice needed

My daughter is 3 and she is going to be 4 next month.. She is extremely shy and since septemeber she still has not said a word to them.

She loves the kids in the class and gers along with them real well and she speaks to them.

My daughter is a well behaved kid but in school I am told that she talks during story time and doing sit on the mat when its story time. I am also told day after day that she doesnt listen. I appreciate them letting me know, but now its to the point that they are complaining about her and its making her shy away even more.. Her afterschool teacher complains to her classroom teacher and she complains that she is fustrated with my daughter. She use to like my daughter in the beginning of theyear and now she just ignores my daughter and I see it. The other day when I brought her in (her afteerschool teacher is her before school teacher as well) the chairs were on the table and all the kids were taking them down because they like doing and she rushed ahead of my daughter so she wouldnt take on down. .my daughter immidately started crying. The other kids were saying, Mrs smith 'sally' is cryng and the teacher said 'why would sally be crying shes not a baby' and the kids said because you didnt let her have a turn to take down the chairs. I was horrified and took her out to console her. MY mother said its not a big deal but that hurt me and it still does.

With all this I am considering changing her school because its just a bad experience and the shy thing is only getting worse with the teachers badgering her. But next year she will not have the same teacher but I just have a bad vibe iin the school. My concern is the bond she made with the kids.

I first hand know how teachers can make school hell and can break you down. I was shy as a kid and I had a teacher that use to make fun of me and force me to say humilating things so kids can laugh at me (she was a nun) so I dont want any of that for my daughter.

any suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:22 PM on May. 30, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Just having a bad vibe about a school would be enough to convince me I should change! I would not leave my child there another day. How sad for your little girl! Teachers are supposed to be the ones a child can turn to if the KIDS are picking on her!!! She has no-one to turn to there! You could however complain to the owners//managers and take it from there! I would move her though.
    BaileysMom476

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 10:29 PM on May. 30, 2011

• I would switch schools. If your DD has a few fellow students she likes that she wants to play with, you can arrange playdates. Otherwise, she will adjust to the new school & find friends with fellow students again. It sounds like she doesn't have an issue with getting to know her peers, its just the teachers who are the problem. The teachers are the problem, not your DD, to be clear.

Those teachers sound rather unprofessional! I can't believe they are complaining about your DD, esp in front of her! No wonder she doesn't want to listen or talk to them.
    GwenMB

Answer by GwenMB at 10:34 PM on May. 30, 2011

• @baileysmom476

Teachers are supposed to be the ones a child can turn to if the KIDS are picking on her!!!

__________________________________________________
    if kids are picking on her or hit her she automatically goes to time out because she wont speak and tell the teachers whats wrong. So the kids say 'sally' did this and she goes to time out because the others would explain what my dd and because shes shy she wont tell the teachers what happened.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:41 PM on May. 30, 2011

• If i was uncomfortable with the way my child was being treated at school and had a bad vibe i would definatly change schools. In addition those teachers should NOT behaving in this manner. I know that kids can be frustrating but doing something just to get to the kid is unacceptable in my opinion. That being said, you dont want your daughter to think that she can get away with behaving badly at school. Thinking oh well i behave however i want and get away with it because my mother will change my schools. if you do decide to change the schools i would stress to your little girl the importance of doing what is asked of her in school, and that misbehaving in school is just as unacceptable as misbehaving at home. i hope that everything works out for you and your daughter. Also my mother moved tons when she was growing up and she told me the best way to change schools is inbetween school years. less stress on the kids.
    2breath2live

Answer by 2breath2live at 10:50 PM on May. 30, 2011