Labor Soon?

38 weeks pregnant, 2 cm an 80 effaced then Lost mucus plug this morning how soon will labor be ? (:

K_Dawn82

Asked by K_Dawn82 at 10:27 PM on May. 30, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Could be tonight, could be in 3 weeks ... hope it's sooner for your sake!
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 10:28 PM on May. 30, 2011

• Me too! Thank you (:
    K_Dawn82

Comment by K_Dawn82 (original poster) at 10:29 PM on May. 30, 2011

• My mucas plug fell out and a few days later my water broke. Good Luck and Congrats on the little one !!! :)
    Amberlovesher3

Answer by Amberlovesher3 at 10:31 PM on May. 30, 2011

• it could be in a few hours or in a few days, i hope its soon for you! i hated the last few weeks of being pregnant
    MamaSusieQ045

Answer by MamaSusieQ045 at 10:33 PM on May. 30, 2011

• Every times I lost my plug it was within 24 hours I had a baby, first time I lose it after I went to the doctor ended up having her the next morning, second time I lost in in the morning when I got up my water broke at 3pm had her at 12:20am. But you can lose it and it can grow back too or just still might take a few days, you seem like your getting close though =) just relax get LOTS of sleep lol, because it will be awhile before you get a whole night. Good Luck!
    letlovegrow2524

Answer by letlovegrow2524 at 10:37 PM on May. 30, 2011

• With my first, I was 1 cm dilated and lost my plug at 37 weeks, and no labor by my scheduled C-section at 39 weeks. A friend of mine sat at 3 cm and 70% for 3 weeks. My mom said she sat at 4 cm for a few weeks when she was pregnant with me.

With my second, I lost my plug on a Friday night (and all day Saturday) and went into labor Saturday night. No dilation or effacement at all until active labor.

So it could go either way.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 10:42 PM on May. 30, 2011

• Most likely before 4-5 weeks, in all seriousness.
    You're only 38 weeks.

It's good to avoid getting the cervix checked since that info is irrelevant, can cause confusion, unrealistic expectations, and harm.
    Avoiding unnecessary risks is really good right now--
    Best wishes!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 2:52 AM on May. 31, 2011

• could be up to a week
    Jssg1986

Answer by Jssg1986 at 6:36 PM on May. 31, 2011

• I have lost it a few hours before labor started, during labor , not noticed it and a full month prior to labor.
    Jerichos_Mommy

Answer by Jerichos_Mommy at 5:28 AM on Jun. 11, 2011