Chicago recommendations

I want to go there with my toddler this summer. I one for sure place we must go is the beach and a museum. Besides that any other good places we could go? Not to expensive please :D

Jazmineamomma

Asked by Jazmineamomma at 10:29 PM on May. 30, 2011 in Travel

• Take a walk on Navy Pier.

skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 10:32 PM on May. 30, 2011

• I was going to definitely say the museums! There is not too much that is less expensive to do in Chicago. I would recommend trying Gene and Jude's hot dogs that are in River Grove. They are a famous Chicago hot dog place (there is no eating inside and no ketchup). I LOVE it when I get a trip to have some! Other than that, I would suggest sampling other foods too, I miss Chicago food quite badly LOL! I love the museums, but that is about all we do when we go into the city. Oh!! The Sears tower! You can go to the top of the Sears tower.
    techgirl3

Answer by techgirl3 at 10:36 PM on May. 30, 2011

• Navy Pier, the Childrens Museum, Sears Tower (aka Willis Tower). The Brookfield Zoo or Lincoln Park Zoo (one of them is FREE, I just don't remember which one),

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:08 PM on May. 30, 2011

• cool all that sounds fun!!!!! Thanks
    Jazmineamomma

Comment by Jazmineamomma (original poster) at 11:13 PM on May. 30, 2011

• Go shopping on the magnificent mile...
    AyamiLove

Answer by AyamiLove at 12:56 AM on May. 31, 2011

• If you're looking for not expensive, then the beach is your place. Otherswise, try the Children's Museum, the ferris wheel, boat tours,etc. (all at Navy Pier), the Shedd Aquarium, the Adler Planetarium, the Field Museum, the Museum of Science & Industry (all located along the lakefront). Go the Grant Park and check out Buckingham Fountain. A toddler probably wouldn't be interested in the Art Institute. Brookfield Zoo (not free, in answer to PP above) is huge and would be a lot of fun; never been to the Lincoln Park Zoo so can't comment on that. There's a Six Flags Great America w/Hurricane Harbor about an hour north of the city in Gurnee (there's a huge outlet mall nearby too). Shopping at Water Tower Place and on the Mag Mile is fun. Go to the top of the Willis Tower and take a picture on "the ledge".
    FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 6:43 AM on May. 31, 2011

• Have fun! Chicago has so many wonder museums to explore!
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 12:32 PM on May. 31, 2011

• Navy pier and the zoo I'm from Chicago I love it there hope u have a fun trip
    momofsextuplet

Answer by momofsextuplet at 4:09 PM on Jun. 12, 2011