Does being underweight effect your ability to conceive?

I have been having a lot of trouble getting pregnant and was curious if my weight was the issue. I am aware that it can cause infertility, but what if you're underweight naturally? I eat and eat and eat, but I don't gain weight. I've had so many blood tests to see if there was a reason, but everything comes up normal although I'm 20lbs lighter than I am supposed to be. And if just being this thin on your own can effect it, does anyone know a way for someone who is already a total glutton when it comes to eating to gain weight?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:31 PM on May. 30, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• Yes it can...Google it !
    Amberlovesher3

Answer by Amberlovesher3 at 10:32 PM on May. 30, 2011

• Can it cause you to never conceive or just cause it to be much more difficult?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:38 PM on May. 30, 2011

• the reason women´s bodies tend to store fat is precisely for reproduction. Women who are underweight, if they reach a certain level, can even stop menstruating, or can menstruate less than usual, so yes, I´d think it can affect your chances of conveiving. I don´t know if that is also the case with someone who is naturally underweight, though. Good luck!
    Belovedmoonpixi

Answer by Belovedmoonpixi at 10:41 PM on May. 30, 2011

• I do still have regular periods for five days at a time, so I'm not sure if this is my problem it not
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:44 PM on May. 30, 2011

• Yes, it can.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:06 PM on May. 30, 2011

• Yes it can
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 7:40 AM on May. 31, 2011

• Yup! Just like being overweight.
    1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 12:52 PM on May. 31, 2011

• yes
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 1:16 PM on May. 31, 2011

• Yup.
    BluDog

Answer by BluDog at 6:07 PM on Jun. 1, 2011