Best Time to go to Disney World?

We are in the very beginning stages of starting to plan our Disney World vacation for next year. We were planning on going immediately after DD got out of school for the year (she'll be ending Kindergarten), but I've been told by some that summer is the worst time to go...obviously because of the crowds and the horrid Florida heat.

I've had one friend say December just before Christmas is the best time to go.

I've had another friend say definitely not then because it would be just as crowded then as mid-summer and that mid/late February is the best time to go.

I was wanting to stay away from school time, but thinking now should keep our options a little more open than just June, July, and August.

When do YOU think is the best time to go?

AllAboutKeeley

Asked by AllAboutKeeley at 10:36 PM on May. 30, 2011 in Travel

• The water parks are open all year. In the winter, they might close one down for refurbishment. If you look at the resort hotel price schedule, that will give you a good idea of when they are slow. The value rate days are the slower than the peak season rate days, etc. As for the heat,,,,, it is very hot in July.
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 12:30 PM on May. 31, 2011

• around November
    Amberlovesher3

Answer by Amberlovesher3 at 10:37 PM on May. 30, 2011

• We had friend go early January last year and it was less crowded than when we had gone just the month before after Thanksgiving- which used to be a good time. That's as far as crowds. I think crowds would also be lower in summer, but the heat would be really bad. Of course the water parks would be open.

Answer by Bmat at 10:39 PM on May. 30, 2011

• jan-Feb. Mid November is nice weather wise but the prices go up then. We went end of Oct and it was in the 90's still! Next time we will think more Feburary-ish.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 10:40 PM on May. 30, 2011

• Florida winter is the best. We usually go in late Jan/early Feb and it's perfect.
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 10:41 PM on May. 30, 2011