For those of you Moms that make your own baby food...

How do you do it?

LiLJeni

Asked by LiLJeni at 11:01 PM on May. 30, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I boil rice, different veggies (last week i even tried broccoli and surprisingly he liked it ) , sometimes i even throw in a small piece of boneless chicken in the pot.. salt, pinch of pepper, and either one of the seasonings like oregano, parsley, basil, thyme italian seasoning etc. this gives his food a nice taste and he loves it. he actually enjoys his food now.. before he used to spit it out and then tightly purse his lips!
    then i puree all of the above items in a food processor (dont usually add more water as there is already present while boiling) .. i pour them in small compartments (quantity for 1 meal) and freeze for 2-3 days.
    cookie269

Answer by cookie269 at 11:43 PM on May. 30, 2011

• buy a baby food maker comes with steamer all in one, buy carrot, sweet potato, peas etc....
    I just made them every night so they are fresh, I don't like to freeze them
    Amy2079

Answer by Amy2079 at 11:09 PM on May. 30, 2011

• Put whatever food I am making (streamed veggies or fruits, some fresh fruits...) into a food processor with a little water add blend until pureed. freeze them in ice trays the dump the cubes in to labeled baggies. They take no time to thaw and are the perfect serving size!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 11:09 PM on May. 30, 2011

• When I did it, for fruits I would mostly just blend, for apple sauce, saute on the stove in some water, chopped up, and then blend, you can also let the apples sizzle on the stove with whole blue berries, then blend it for Blue Berry apple sauce. For veggies, just steam or bake and blend. Pretty simple
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 11:23 PM on May. 30, 2011

• I sometimes pureed, sometimes mashed it up, sometimes cut it up, and sometimes used jars.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 11:31 PM on May. 30, 2011

• I start by preparing the food. (Like for sweet potatoes I peel and boil them) Then I puree until I get the desired consistency. For younger babies I just add a little bit of water to get a smoother texture. Then I pour it into ice cube trays, let it freeze, then just pop into labeled freezer bags. I don't make too much at a time - maybe just about a weeks worth. I don't like it to sit in the freezer for ever.
    kmqw229

Answer by kmqw229 at 12:25 PM on May. 31, 2011