Is it wrong to get your 15 year old daughter on the shot even tho she's not sexual active?

she has bi polar and her meds make her out of it sometimes. she is also to trusting around the wrong kind of people.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:09 PM on Jul. 11, 2008 in Teens (13-17)

• what does her gyn say? What does she say? I was on bc pills at a 14 for acne but was not sexually active until I got married years later. It didn't make me want to have sex just bc I could. I like that you are trying to protect her from unsavory ppl who might take advantage of her though. Is she in counseling? You might talk to her counselor as well and get some feedback on what might be the right course of action in this case.

Answer by admckenzie at 5:23 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• My daughter is 6, and I plan on getting her the shot as son as her doc will let me. You never know wht kids are going to do, and I would rather be safe than sorry!
    mmmommy0207

Answer by mmmommy0207 at 6:01 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• Better safe then sorry, and maybe it will be a good way for part of her body to put itself on some type of schedule. My mom put my sister on birthcontrol when she was 16 to help regulate her body
    bubblycute

Answer by bubblycute at 6:05 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• In this instance it would be a protection for her. As you know bi-polar gives you more of a tendancy to just have sex for self pleasure even if it is dangerous.

I am sure you can talk to her about it and discuss with her her disease and the risks associated with her disease and that she should at least be protected against pregnancy if her mind decides to go down a manic path.

The sad part is that the shot does not protect against STD's.
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 6:19 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• I think that it is great that u r dicussing this issue with ur daughter! She needs to hear it from someone she knows. bc if u don't talk about it and just ignore the issue she might get the wrong information from all the wrong sources.
    RavensMommy48

Answer by RavensMommy48 at 8:03 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• The only thing that concerns me with this question is the fact that she is Bi-Polar.. please check with her Dr. before mixing hormones into the batch... The shot especially has high doses or hormones that could cause problems.. I know I am on meds similar to what she might be taking and I could not handle birth control at all...
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 2:14 AM on Jul. 12, 2008

• That would be a reason to put on her Depo, "Hanging arond a bad crowd" could influence her to do something she may not be ready for.or wants to do. 15 is a tough age, lots of peer pressure. I don't think bing Bi-Polar has much to do wth this partivular decission. this is more of a "Maybe Ill get you to do something you aren't ready to do" Issue. any one agree?
    AuntieVetta

Answer by AuntieVetta at 3:11 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• This way, Your saving yourself from being a young grandmother. Either way, your covered.
    asoldierswife85

Answer by asoldierswife85 at 6:13 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• the shot is really dangerous i would recomend the pill instead!
    sillysassy

Answer by sillysassy at 7:49 PM on Jul. 21, 2008