When did you tell your young children you were having a baby?

I told my son the day I found out. He's 6. I know a girl that is 1 week earlier than I am and she is waiting til 4 or 5 months to tell her 5 yr old. She is very overweight though. I won't be able to hide it like she will.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:04 PM on May. 30, 2011 in Pregnancy

• We told our children right away. We wanted to give them lots of time to adjust to having a new baby brother or sister. I'm just now 5 weeks pregnant.
    momof3inTN

Answer by momof3inTN at 10:09 AM on May. 31, 2011

• for me, it was my KIDS who told ME I should have a baby, so when I told them I was having one, they were like "um, duh!" lol... I told them right away. I think they need as much time as possible to adjust. It's fun to talk about names, get the baby's room ready, and have them ask questions. So why not? I mean, unless you have a child (or children) that will get insanely jealous of the new baby, I say tell them and celebrate the news as a family!
    livn4hevn

Answer by livn4hevn at 11:06 PM on May. 30, 2011

• I don't remember exactly when I told my son he'd be getting a sibling. But I DO remember him being at almost every doc appointment, and we took him with us for the 20 week ultrasound (BAAAAD idea btw, he had nightmares for about a week, even though he spent most of his time on the OTHER side of the room not really looking at the monitor). He was 3 1/2 when his sister was born.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 11:41 PM on May. 30, 2011

• I told my older children right away....then I miscarried. The next time I got pregnant, we told them again. Then I miscarried. I was lucky enough to conceive right away after that loss and we waited until 14 weeks to tell them again. Everyone has their reasons for waiting. Congrats to you!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 11:47 PM on May. 30, 2011

• As soon as we knew it was a healthy pregnancy...
    AyamiLove

Answer by AyamiLove at 12:36 AM on May. 31, 2011

• We were all in the room together when I found out.
    It was before I'd missed a period so about 2 weeks after conception.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 2:47 AM on May. 31, 2011

• I am waiting till September when I know if its a boy or girl unless I start showing sooner
    Jssg1986

Answer by Jssg1986 at 6:35 PM on May. 31, 2011