How involved was your DF while planning your wedding??

LiLJeni

Asked by LiLJeni at 11:09 PM on May. 30, 2011 in Relationships

• Very. His work schedule was more flexible than mine, so he and my mom actually did all of the church-scoping (we went to a church with an auditorium sanctuary - even a wedding of 500 would have been dwarfed, and ours was less than 100).

He did most of the honeymoon planning - until I had to make the calls to the hotels to book rooms (he doesn't speak a lick of Italian).

We of course talked with the pastor that married us together for pre-marriage counseling, and set the order then. We picked out china and linens and all of that together and he loved shooting the registry gun ;-)

But I picked the flowers, groomsmen attire, music, invitations, photographer, and OF COURSE wedding dress and accouterments and bridesmaid dresses.
    KateDinVA

Answer by KateDinVA at 11:28 PM on May. 30, 2011

• I had 2 weeks to plan our wedding, so no, he didn't do anything.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 1:28 AM on May. 31, 2011

• Not much unless I had a question for him
    3mclark

Answer by 3mclark at 11:09 PM on May. 30, 2011

• Not. At. All. He got his tux fitted and showed up at the church, that was about it. But that was all good because I wanted my wedding planned MY way and he was happy to step back and let that happen!
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 11:35 PM on May. 30, 2011

• HA! Involved? He went with me to watch me pick out the dress, the colors, the flowers, etc, but he didn't do much in the actual planning or helping...he was just kinda there lol
    sissy4444

Answer by sissy4444 at 11:37 PM on May. 30, 2011

• We split the cost and made most of the decisions together. We had about a year to plan.
    JSD24

Answer by JSD24 at 11:05 AM on May. 31, 2011