what can i do to get my daughter to go to bed at a good time?

she is 3 months 1 wk. old and does not go to bed until 3 to 5 in the morning, she naps on and off during the day , i tried keeping her up during the day this had little to no effect. I tried the old tale of flipping her this did not work . HELP.

dee9251999

Asked by dee9251999 at 11:13 PM on May. 30, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I tried all the wise tails as well none worked... I just pushed through it at 6 months she started sleeping better. Ive heard if you nurse try feeding them formula before they go to bed it takes longer to digest I never tried it but maybe it will work.
    3mclark

Answer by 3mclark at 11:18 PM on May. 30, 2011

• I didnt even finish It takes longer to digest and they sleep better because there tummy is not empty and there not hungry yet. Good Luck
    3mclark

Answer by 3mclark at 11:19 PM on May. 30, 2011

• My son didn't get to a normal schedule until about 6 mos, and that was barely a schedule, he just slept for a longer period of time. Don't push it now, 3 months is still very young, and if you BF I would advise not FF at this point, around this time there will be a growth spurt and supplementing formula for milk doesn't help milk production increase, just makes it worse.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 11:27 PM on May. 30, 2011

• I was very lucky that my daughter started sleeping through at 3.5 months. When you say she doesnt go to be until 3-5 am, what time has she been up since? how many hours?
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 11:34 PM on May. 30, 2011

• At three months old she MAY still have her days/nights confused. My suggestion is to make daytime feedings bright and cheery with stimulation. Then, make night time feedings dim/dark, quiet and with as little interaction as possible. That really helped my kids get it figured out, usually by about 4 months or so.

Good Luck Momma! I remember those sleepless nights and total exhaustion.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 11:50 PM on May. 30, 2011

• We go through a routine of "shut down the house" every night. lights get shut off so it's dimmer where we are, doors closed and the temp is lowered 2-4 degrees. We do it 30 min before bedtime and it has always helped prepare and keep our LOs to sleep.
    cueballsmom

Answer by cueballsmom at 11:59 PM on May. 30, 2011

• Try putting her on a 3hour routine.. starting in the am. like say 6 am feed, then play for awhile then nap at 7-7:30, should sleep for 1.5 - 2 hours. then feed again at 9..and it goes on like that all day. till about 7 when she goes to sleep. feed her again between 10-11 pm while she is still sleeping. then hopefully after a few days of doing this, she will sleep all night.
    Luvmyriley

Answer by Luvmyriley at 5:29 PM on May. 31, 2011

• she usually sleeps till 10:30 or 11:00. She will cat nap 2 to 3 times a day for about 15 minutes or so., then one long nap about 2 hours is she getting to much sleep and what is considerd good for her age ? THANKYOU to all who had suggestions and giving me advice as this is my first one.
    dee9251999

Comment by dee9251999 (original poster) at 5:41 PM on May. 31, 2011