what can i do to get my daughter to go to bed at a good time?

she is 3 months 1 wk. old and does not go to bed until 3 to 5 in the morning, she naps on and off during the day , i tried keeping her up during the day this had little to no effect. I tried the old tale of flipping her this did not work . HELP.

Asked by dee9251999 at 11:13 PM on May. 30, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I tried all the wise tails as well none worked... I just pushed through it at 6 months she started sleeping better. Ive heard if you nurse try feeding them formula before they go to bed it takes longer to digest I never tried it but maybe it will work.

Answer by 3mclark at 11:18 PM on May. 30, 2011

• I didnt even finish It takes longer to digest and they sleep better because there tummy is not empty and there not hungry yet. Good Luck

Answer by 3mclark at 11:19 PM on May. 30, 2011

• My son didn't get to a normal schedule until about 6 mos, and that was barely a schedule, he just slept for a longer period of time. Don't push it now, 3 months is still very young, and if you BF I would advise not FF at this point, around this time there will be a growth spurt and supplementing formula for milk doesn't help milk production increase, just makes it worse.

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 11:27 PM on May. 30, 2011

• I was very lucky that my daughter started sleeping through at 3.5 months. When you say she doesnt go to be until 3-5 am, what time has she been up since? how many hours?

Answer by Princess_s21 at 11:34 PM on May. 30, 2011

• At three months old she MAY still have her days/nights confused. My suggestion is to make daytime feedings bright and cheery with stimulation. Then, make night time feedings dim/dark, quiet and with as little interaction as possible. That really helped my kids get it figured out, usually by about 4 months or so.

Good Luck Momma! I remember those sleepless nights and total exhaustion.

Answer by Rosehawk at 11:50 PM on May. 30, 2011

• We go through a routine of "shut down the house" every night. lights get shut off so it's dimmer where we are, doors closed and the temp is lowered 2-4 degrees. We do it 30 min before bedtime and it has always helped prepare and keep our LOs to sleep.

Answer by cueballsmom at 11:59 PM on May. 30, 2011

• Try putting her on a 3hour routine.. starting in the am. like say 6 am feed, then play for awhile then nap at 7-7:30, should sleep for 1.5 - 2 hours. then feed again at 9..and it goes on like that all day. till about 7 when she goes to sleep. feed her again between 10-11 pm while she is still sleeping. then hopefully after a few days of doing this, she will sleep all night.

Answer by Luvmyriley at 5:29 PM on May. 31, 2011

• she usually sleeps till 10:30 or 11:00. She will cat nap 2 to 3 times a day for about 15 minutes or so., then one long nap about 2 hours is she getting to much sleep and what is considerd good for her age ? THANKYOU to all who had suggestions and giving me advice as this is my first one.

Comment by dee9251999 (original poster) at 5:41 PM on May. 31, 2011