Do you high risk Mommas wait to tell everyone when you get pregnant?

I don't! I want everyone to know my situation before hand so that if we needed help at all they knew what was going on.

I know women that are NOT high risk and never had any trouble of any kind and they are always the ones saying they won't tell anyone they're pregnant til a few months later "in case something happens." Whatever! They have no clue what it's like!

If I end up in the hospital, I don't want to have to catch everyone up on months of testing or appointments just so they understand the severity or know why I need to get to the hospital. Some women have been very very rude to me when my pregnancies didn't work. They don't deal with it to the degree that I do. I guess to them it's old gossip or something. To me, it's real and heartbreaking. I shouldn't have to keep it to myself.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:20 PM on May. 30, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I had 2 miscarriages and both times I told people. Not announcing it to the world but if it came up I would tell them. I also had to tell people at my job because of my many doctor appointments and the long hours I would work. This time around I'm also choosing to tell people because I want to have that support in case something happens again. My fiancee can't take off time at work and if he's not around I would like to at least have someone else around to support me through the hard times. It is a personal decision though.
    Jenni0409

Answer by Jenni0409 at 1:11 PM on May. 31, 2011

• We're done having kids but yes, when were in that process we waited until the first trimester was over. It still bit us in the ass waiting that long once, but whatever. Good luck to you.
    klickitykat

Answer by klickitykat at 11:29 PM on May. 30, 2011

• Yes. I wait.
    3mclark

Answer by 3mclark at 11:27 PM on May. 30, 2011

• I dont think you should have to keep your past pains to yourself at all. When it comes to when you tell people when your pregnant or not I think its a very personal thing and there is no right and no wrong to this. I didnt find out until I was about 10 weeks, we told immediate family not long after that, but we didnt make it common knowledge until I was about 13-14 weeks, I think its whatever your comfortable with. I dont think its fair to say people that wait to tell people dont understand how it is to loose a child, firstly they may wait because they have lost a child and secondly them making a personal choice for themselves to wait has nothing to do with the next persons situation.
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 11:32 PM on May. 30, 2011

• i'm 30 wks with my third child and was high risk with this one and my last. i only told my parents and my in-laws and your right you shouldn't have to be alone thats what family is for. good luck and god bless!!!
    bdg27

Answer by bdg27 at 11:33 PM on May. 30, 2011

• I had a miscarriage in January and I noticed that a lot of women that miscarried around that time decided to wait to share the news when many of us became pregnant again around that time.

That is totally a personal choice but I decided NOT to wait and to tell everyone right away because my miscarriage was VERY hard to deal with. I hadn't told everyone that we were expecting yet, I had to tell family that I was but that it looked like I was going to lose the baby, and I have friends that do not know the worry and pain I still go through over my current pregnancy.

.

miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 11:38 PM on May. 30, 2011

• I got pregnant 8 weeks after my miscarriage and it looked like we were going to lose this baby too because once again my body was failing to make hormones in adequate quantities need to sustain a pregnancy BUT I KNEW that I needed and wanted the support of all of our friends and family if we were to lose yet another baby.

Everyone is different though.

miasmommy21407

• I didn't. I found I was pregnant earlier this month and told family and close friends. I went to the doctor last Wednesday though and found out that I had miscarried. I kind of wish I hadn't told anyone, and DH and I are pretty sure that next time we get pregnant, we won't tell anyone for a while.
    alf2651

Answer by alf2651 at 11:41 PM on May. 30, 2011

• When I miscarried in Jan, the only person that knew was my husband and best friend. I normally wait until after I get an ultrasound done before I tell a bunch of people.

(that was my 2nd miscarriage btw)
    PhoenixsMommy10

Answer by PhoenixsMommy10 at 12:03 AM on May. 31, 2011

• Yes, we waited. I miscarried once and I hadn't told anyone yet, so I didn't have to explain to people over and over what happened and I didn't have to talk to people about it.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:21 AM on May. 31, 2011