What is the best way to plan a move to random places in Europe?

I'm looking for things like appx cost of living, education, work, visa's. Any website or bunch of websites would be helpful. I'm just looking at different places, I don't really have much in mind, I'd probably focus on Italy, Germany, maybe even France.

curlykit

Asked by curlykit at 11:06 AM on Dec. 9, 2008 in Travel

• I just googled europe relocate and there were a few websites. One seemed good, there were two parts, I just skimmed through the first: http://www.enjoy-europe.com/hte/chap22/moving.htm

I would pick a country with familiar letters :) My husband and I went to Prague and were flabbergasted at not being able to even guess what the heck was going on. Or else know your language! Although the first poster is right, in Germany most people spoke English to us, even when we were trying to speak in German. They must have just known we were American...
    mkemom519

Answer by mkemom519 at 8:33 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• To make things somewhat easier on yourself and family I would pick a place to start with that speaks a language you can and uses letters you can read. A lot of the locals in Germany can speak english.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:07 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• Don't leave out Spain, its a great place for a family. We were stationed there for 3 years with the military. The locals are amazing, and alot of them speak English. Children are welcome everywhere, and its a great atmosphere. We lived in Andalucia, near Sevilla.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 2:59 AM on Dec. 18, 2008