Is it really worth staying together?

We have been together for 6 yeare have 3 kids but everytime he gets in a bad mood he takes it out on me by calling me names and putting me down than later on he just says he don't mean it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:48 PM on May. 30, 2011 in Relationships

• My dh does that crap too, but he is bipolar as hell. It's up to you sweetie. My dh realizes he's screwed up and tries to make up for it, but it's helped alot since hes went and found out what was wrong with him, and he's learning to cope with it and try to deal with it. Good luck sweetie!
    sissy4444

Answer by sissy4444 at 11:51 PM on May. 30, 2011

• Has it always been like this or just recently? 6 years and 3 children I would say if I was me I would try to work on it. I would be firm in saying you will not stand for this emotional abuse, and mean it! Maybe you could have some counciling. Are you married?
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 11:51 PM on May. 30, 2011

• try a couples communication class, it'll help him find his voice in a not so negative way.

and if that doesn't work go to counseling or see a family therapist.

and if that doesn't help, maybe a break, re-eval of everything.
    But try those first before you call it quits.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 11:52 PM on May. 30, 2011

• i would leave..
    girlglow6

Answer by girlglow6 at 11:52 PM on May. 30, 2011

• Yes- have you tried couples therapy? Nobody deserves to be treated like that. Even if he says he doesn't mean it- that's just a bad excuse.
    lauralivivy

Answer by lauralivivy at 11:58 PM on May. 30, 2011

• T to talk to a ohycoligist. Thats verbal abuse and u do not deserve that. U may want to talk to a phycologist. Wat if its more serious. No relation is not worth a try. I hope u still love him. Fir better or worse. Dont give up but niether put up.
    Autiziumom

Answer by Autiziumom at 12:36 AM on May. 31, 2011

• Is he an alcoholic?
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 12:47 AM on May. 31, 2011

• It's a very serious question and you don't give much information about what he is like in general. If he is overall a decent husband but gets stressed and is negative like that, leaving seems very extreme. But you do need to work together on the issue.
    blackisbetter

Answer by blackisbetter at 2:36 AM on May. 31, 2011