Birth control question. please read! adult content

I've been on nuvaring for about 2 years now. i usually take it out on the 25th and put it back in on the first. My cousin got married and i kept the birth control in longer to stop my period until i left the beach. I took it out on may 1st. Put it back in on may 7th. i had sex on april 26th. i took my birth control out on either the 27th or the 28th to try to help get myself back on schedule. I still haven't started my period but it won't be 25 days from my last one until the 1st. What are the chances that i could be pregnant? I read online that the morning after pill is effective for up to 5 days. So I waited 4 days to see if my period started and when it didn't, i started calling pharmacies and they are all saying that they only carry pills that work 72 hours afterwards. taking the nuvaring out might not jumpstart my period though, and maybe i won't start until the 1st. If the chances of me being pregnant are high, do you how i would be able to get one that works up to 5 days?

TiffanieK

Asked by TiffanieK at 11:50 PM on May. 30, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I thought the 72 hour pill is suppose to work for 3 days however, it can be effective for 5 days?
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 11:53 PM on May. 30, 2011

• I was on the nuvaring for almost 7 years, and pulled mine out in Feb and just got prego. I'm not saying it's impossible but I've been in your shoes more than once, forgetting to take it out or put it back in and worrying about being prego. Usually my period would be a few days late, and there's was a couple times it even started AFTER i put the ring back in. Most likely, you ARE NOT prego. I would leave the ring out until the 3 week time period. If you took it out before that 3 week period, then you probably wont start until the fourth week begins, which is when you should remove it. Taking out the nuvaring early will not start your cycle early in most case, or at least it never did mine (i tried it a few times to get my period out of the way lol). Just wait it out a few more days and see if you start, if not then yes, go to the dr. But the chances are slim and you may have messed your cycle up but shouldnt have a
    sissy4444

Answer by sissy4444 at 11:56 PM on May. 30, 2011

• risk of pregnancy! Good luck sweetie!
    sissy4444

Answer by sissy4444 at 11:57 PM on May. 30, 2011

• honey, the morning after pill is to prevent pregnancy, it's not an abortion pill. If you are pregnant, you are pregnant.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 11:58 PM on May. 30, 2011

• the morning after pill can prevent the pregnancy before the sperm and the egg connect which takes 5 to 7 days. the abortion pill terminates the pregnancy after the egg and sperm have already combined. i don't want the abortion pill.
    TiffanieK

Comment by TiffanieK (original poster) at 12:10 AM on May. 31, 2011

• i started my period, ladies. phew!
    TiffanieK

Comment by TiffanieK (original poster) at 6:05 AM on May. 31, 2011

• good to know, close call
    Jssg1986

Answer by Jssg1986 at 6:34 PM on May. 31, 2011

• next time you do a change like that use a condom or other backup method just to be safe.
    Jerichos_Mommy

Answer by Jerichos_Mommy at 4:08 AM on Jun. 6, 2011